• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Current sales, deals, and bargains

Toliver

1 hour ago, rotuts said:

I don't think this is really a sale, but its the lowest price Ive seen in a long time :

Cuisinart CSO-300N Convection Steam Ovenir?t=egulletcom-20&l=am2&o=1&a=B019XOZYE

buy two and you won't ever regret it.

I was going to bake a half chicken tonight but ordered the Cuisinart CSO instead.  And made ice cream.

• Like 2

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

2 hours ago, rotuts said:

I don't think this is really a sale, but its the lowest price Ive seen in a long time :

Cuisinart CSO-300N Convection Steam Ovenir?t=egulletcom-20&l=am2&o=1&a=B019XOZYE

buy two and you won't ever regret it.

I think only one might be needed -- the listing says, "Accommodates a whole 45 lb. chicken..."

It's the Tardis of countertop convection ovens!

• Like 3

"There is no sincerer love than the love of food."  -George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman, Act 1

"Imagine all the food you have eaten in your life and consider that you are simply some of that food, rearranged."  -Max Tegmark, physicist

Gene Weingarten, writing in the Washington Post about online news stories and the accompanying readers' comments: "I basically like 'comments,' though they can seem a little jarring: spit-flecked rants that are appended to a product that at least tries for a measure of objectivity and dignity. It's as though when you order a sirloin steak, it comes with a side of maggots."

"...in the mid-’90s when the internet was coming...there was a tendency to assume that when all the world’s knowledge comes online, everyone will flock to it. It turns out that if you give everyone access to the Library of Congress, what they do is watch videos on TikTok."  -Neil Stephenson, author, in The Atlantic

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." -Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer

12 hours ago, Alex said:

I think only one might be needed -- the listing says, "Accommodates a whole 45 lb. chicken..."

It's the Tardis of countertop convection ovens!

And at the moment only 19 units left in stock.  Maybe I was not the only one to see rotuts' post.

This Anova discount code still seems to be good:  anova-tbca6bce

Sorry, it has apparently expired already.  I know at least one person was able to use it today.  Perhaps the codes are only good for one use each - either that or other people already jumped on it this morning.

Edited by rustwood (log)

Not here.

This discount has reached its usage limit

~Martin :)

I just don't want to look back and think "I could have eaten that."

Unsupervised, rebellious, radical agrarian experimenter, minimalist penny-pincher, and adventurous cook. Crotchety, cantankerous, terse curmudgeon, non-conformist, and contrarian who questions everything!

The best thing about a vegetable garden is all the meat you can hunt and trap out of it!

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 11:52 PM, Alex said:

Should fit easily.  One review said the CSO has a capacity of 60 cubic feet.

• Like 4

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 1:06 PM, rotuts said:

i have an anova that came in a cylinder with a yellow top

no idea the version

the current anova is packed in a box.  any idea is that's newer version or just a newer box ?

thanks

This just in.

HC

IMG_1156.JPG

• Like 5

Mine came in a box earlier this month.  It's the wifi version (and includes Bluetooth, which I haven't tried yet).  @HungryChris and @rotuts, what about yours?

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

my WiFi  ( boxed ) has not arrived yet

maybe they are using the cylinder  for the bluetooth.  that's the model Ive had for a while in that 'tube'

I just could not resist a second one for 50 bucks off.

Bad Me !

• Like 1

I am pretty sure the WIFI one has "WIFI" on the face and the one I got does not. So I think it just has Bluetooth. The WIFI one was $199 and this one was $179 (before the $50 discount).

HC

Edited by HungryChris
typo (log)

I just noticed i had an email from anova

ive already got the bluetooth

maybe this will work :

anova-8b9fbs82

they also mentioned they will be in Target stores this fall, with a demo in each store.

Yeah — looks like it does work with the Wi-Fi model.

Screenshot_2016-07-03_07-21-19.png

~Martin :)

I just don't want to look back and think "I could have eaten that."

Unsupervised, rebellious, radical agrarian experimenter, minimalist penny-pincher, and adventurous cook. Crotchety, cantankerous, terse curmudgeon, non-conformist, and contrarian who questions everything!

The best thing about a vegetable garden is all the meat you can hunt and trap out of it!

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Shelby said:

Not much gets me out of bed at 4 a.m.

I bought one.  I can't resist $70 and free shipping.

Then I logged into Ronnie's account and bought another.

I need an intervention.

OMG, Shelby!  Resist, resist, resist.  Actually I'm quite jealous. 

• Like 2

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

4 hours ago, btbyrd said:

The 6 quart Instapot is on sale at Amazon for $69.99 for Prime Day.

I really, really don't need one. I have a rice cooker, pressure cooker, and a circulator. But damn that's tempting.

Thanks and drat... I couldn't resist that price this time. In a few days my new Instapot should arrive! So... any recommended books or accessories to go along with it? Guess I'll have to read through the Instapot topic more thoroughly this time!

• Like 4

it's the At Home ?   

all you need.   now that you have  SV , IP , and a CSB

I think you will enjoy it.

it gives you a different perspective on What Cooking Really Is 

" Cooking is Chemistry you can Eat "

Auguste Gusteau

"  Ratatouille "  Pixar's finest movie

Auguste Gusteau

of course, Im credentialed in spending other peoples money

Edited by rotuts (log)
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, rotuts said:

it's the At Home ?   

all you need.   now that you have  SV , IP , and a CSB

I think you will enjoy it.

it gives you a different perspective on What Cooking Really Is 

" Cooking is Chemistry you can Eat "

Auguste Gusteau

"  Ratatouille "  Pixar's finest movie

Auguste Gusteau

of course, Im credentialed in spending other peoples money

Yeah it's the At Home.  

Still debating.

Sigh.

Amazon prime day is hard on me.

• Like 2

if you don't get it, you won't miss it and it won't change your life.

If you get it, you will throughly enjoy it, and, alas  it won't change your life.

Most Public Library systems have this book,  some the Grade Tomes them selves   in the reference dept.

check you library.

if they don't have it, consider it more intestly

what is they usual Amazonian Price ?

• Like 1

Just now, rotuts said:

if you don't get it, you won't miss it and it won't change your life.

If you get it, you will throughly enjoy it, and, alas  it won't change your life.

Most Public Library systems have this book,  some the Grade Tomes them selves   in the reference dept.

check you library.

if they don't have it, consider it more intestly

what is they usual Amazonian Price ?

LOL.

Well, if it won't change my life, then maybe I better just hold off.  I can "borrow" it from Amazon for $41.  The usual price is $105.