• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Current sales, deals, and bargains

Toliver

I personally would not recommend VINOTEMP,  the customer service is very poor.  If you have a problem.

I would get more than an 18 bottle,  I have a dual zone from wine enthusiast.  These don't run on compressors and are very quite.

I think mine was a silent 24, an older model, similar to below.

http://www.wineenthusiast.com/wine-enthusiast-silent-18-bottle-dual-zone-touchscreen-wine-refrigerator.asp

I don't plan long storage in these littler cools, just keeping whites and pinots chilled.

Longer storage you better get larger capacity  or if you have a basement passive storage has worked well for me.

Paul

Edited by Paul Bacino (log)

Its good to have Morels

• 1 month later...

this is a low a price as Ive seen in a long time.  their 'open-box' sales seem to be in the 80's now

i got a second one a long long time ago on an 'open-box' sale for 74.

however, dont blame me if tomorrow these are 49 $$, as who can ever like Green ?   :raz:

( BTW I dont care for green, and have no idea why )

you could paint it, then youd love it.

I'm ok with green.  I bought two.  With matching green silicone spoons.   :biggrin:  I'll give one to my mom.  Mom I hope you're not reading this.

Thank you Rotuts!!!!

I know, I know.  Now you need me to buy a combi oven.  lol

you would not regret it.  look for a sale.

the CSB is right up there on the Pantheon w my Espresso Machine  ( Alexia-PID ), and SV set ups.

God-Like they are.

Im sure the best venison roasts you ever had would come out of the CSB, as long as youre not making toast !

on Sale of course !

• Like 1

My Thermapen just arrived.  On top was a wee little package of Jelly Bellies!  Fun.  Now, if you will excuse me, I must run around the house and look for things to probe! Oh, and British Racing Green is pretty cool.  Zoom, zoom.

• Like 4

Zoom  Zoom

its still green

:huh:

tinted glasses might help

or a few M.R.'s  

the thermo  really is the nuts isnt it 

:biggrin:

After you put the boot on it, the color doesn't matter.  And you've got to have the boot. :cool: :cool: :cool:

• Like 1

• Like 1

~Martin :)

I just don't want to look back and think "I could have eaten that."

Unsupervised, rebellious, radical agrarian experimenter, minimalist penny-pincher, and adventurous cook. Crotchety, cantankerous, terse curmudgeon, non-conformist, and contrarian who questions everything!

The best thing about a vegetable garden is all the meat you can hunt and trap out of it!

My Thermapen just arrived.  On top was a wee little package of Jelly Bellies!  Fun.  Now, if you will excuse me, I must run around the house and look for things to probe! Oh, and British Racing Green is pretty cool.  Zoom, zoom.

So funny!  We did that when we got our laser thermometer!  I tested everything living or inert in the whole house.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How lame. Wayfair sent an email this morning that the price was a mistake and they've cancelled everyone's orders. 

I know! I didn't really need one but was very excited to try it out. I hope the Promo code they sent is good.

• 2 weeks later...

Anova website has 50 dollars off coupon with LUVDAD code so the cost is 129 dollars.  Shipping is free.  I had to buy it despite having the original polyscience circulator (the one that looks like lab equipment) and Sousvide supreme. 

Woot and thank you, Shelby. I just ordered my purple Thermopen. My DW chose to give me cash for our anniversary and that paved the way to get this, :biggrin:

• Like 2

Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

;

The Anova One has been supplanted by a newer model, so it's now available on Amazon for $99 shipped! Enter code ANOVAONE at checkout, and remember to click the Free Shipping button (if you don't already have Amazon Prime).

"There is no sincerer love than the love of food."  -George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman, Act 1

"Imagine all the food you have eaten in your life and consider that you are simply some of that food, rearranged."  -Max Tegmark, physicist

Gene Weingarten, writing in the Washington Post about online news stories and the accompanying readers' comments: "I basically like 'comments,' though they can seem a little jarring: spit-flecked rants that are appended to a product that at least tries for a measure of objectivity and dignity. It's as though when you order a sirloin steak, it comes with a side of maggots."

"...in the mid-’90s when the internet was coming...there was a tendency to assume that when all the world’s knowledge comes online, everyone will flock to it. It turns out that if you give everyone access to the Library of Congress, what they do is watch videos on TikTok."  -Neil Stephenson, author, in The Atlantic

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." -Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer