• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Current sales, deals, and bargains

Toliver

being polite, re changing life.

you would them need a Rational dual Combi oven,

Rational combi ovem

a PacoJet,

paco jet

and Ultra Centrifuge,   a blast freezer 

blast freezer

you have to look into the book re Ultra Centrafuge.   I used to use them, a long time ago

I had a ' key '   would have put them to work on Sunday !

those purchases I would not be responsible for.

never borrow from Amazon.  just saying.

if you can slide that 78 USD  into your monthly budget any other way

get it.  its not a cookbook.  its a book that deliciously suggest thinking in a different manner.

Edited by rotuts (log)
  • Like 2

I don't know if this is a good price or not.  I can't remember what they were on sale for directly from Anova.

Anova Culinary PCB-120US-K1 Bluetooth Precision Cooker, Black--$143.10 for 2 hours.  Says the regular price is $179.00.

Just putting the deals on here as I run across them.  

It's hard shopping from my easy chair in the living room.

• Like 1

if you have the discount code  :  that model would then be 129.

get the Book.  just saying.

then go for a walk, do some Fishing, some Tire Swinging from The Tree dans Le Ponde

etc.   Just Walk Away !

Edited by rotuts (log)
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Shelby said:

Not much gets me out of bed at 4 a.m.

I bought one.  I can't resist $70 and free shipping.

Then I logged into Ronnie's account and bought another.

I need an intervention.

By my count, that makes you a four-IP family. I wouldn't have enough counter space or outlets.

The CSO is not among the Prime deals, though that $218 price continues to tempt me. I suspect I shall buy one this month.

I did spring for the springform pan. It should hold about half my cheesecake recipe, which will keep me from making such Gawdawful big cheesecakes (and, consequently, eating them).

• Like 1

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

1 minute ago, kayb said:

By my count, that makes you a four-IP family. I wouldn't have enough counter space or outlets.

The CSO is not among the Prime deals, though that $218 price continues to tempt me. I suspect I shall buy one this month.

I did spring for the springform pan. It should hold about half my cheesecake recipe, which will keep me from making such Gawdawful big cheesecakes (and, consequently, eating them).

Well, technically, I have one IP and one Cuisinart (the Cuis. doesn't do yogurt or slow cook, so I really like the IP better).  I will keep one of the IP's I bought today and I am going to give one to my mother in law for her birthday or Christmas.  

Sooooo, that's 2 IP's and one Cuis. lol.

I really like the size of that cheesecake pan.  Glad you got one :)

Glad I'm continuing the enabling that Rotuts started.  :P

40 minutes ago, Shelby said:

This is a good deal.  If you have an Instant Pot, these pans fit perfect are great for making cheesecake.  I spent $10 on the same pan last December.

Wilton 6x2 3/4 springform pan

$7.66

Thanks @Shelby — ordered it—I've been wanting a 6 inch spring-form pan.

Edited by DiggingDogFarm (log)
  • Like 2

~Martin :)

I just don't want to look back and think "I could have eaten that."

Unsupervised, rebellious, radical agrarian experimenter, minimalist penny-pincher, and adventurous cook. Crotchety, cantankerous, terse curmudgeon, non-conformist, and contrarian who questions everything!

The best thing about a vegetable garden is all the meat you can hunt and trap out of it!

Jeez Louise, y'all are hard on my bank account.  The IP and springform pan are on their way.  I'm glad the CSB hasn't been offered as a deal today.

• Like 7

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

10 hours ago, Shelby said:

I guess most of you guys have Modernist Cuisine already.  I do not.  It's on sale at Amazon for $78.75 for an hour.

I am debating.

I don't know if I can get through all of it in a hour. How much is it for a day?

• Like 4

"There is no sincerer love than the love of food."  -George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman, Act 1

"Imagine all the food you have eaten in your life and consider that you are simply some of that food, rearranged."  -Max Tegmark, physicist

Gene Weingarten, writing in the Washington Post about online news stories and the accompanying readers' comments: "I basically like 'comments,' though they can seem a little jarring: spit-flecked rants that are appended to a product that at least tries for a measure of objectivity and dignity. It's as though when you order a sirloin steak, it comes with a side of maggots."

"...in the mid-’90s when the internet was coming...there was a tendency to assume that when all the world’s knowledge comes online, everyone will flock to it. It turns out that if you give everyone access to the Library of Congress, what they do is watch videos on TikTok."  -Neil Stephenson, author, in The Atlantic

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." -Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer

10 hours ago, Shelby said:

I guess most of you guys have Modernist Cuisine already.  I do not.  It's on sale at Amazon for $78.75 for an hour.

I am debating.

I almost soiled my pants till I saw the "@home" part.

• Like 3

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

3 minutes ago, btbyrd said:

Yeah, so... I couldn't resist the Instapot deal. I wish it was the largest version, but whatever... Too good a deal to pass up.

Well, you're the one that forced me out of bed at 4 to buy 2 of them, so it's only fair that you got one too. :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rotuts said:

@btbyrd

larger , not a deal

you use the IP you got or are Getting twice ?

see ?

more funds for the MR or

other  more interesting TidBits for the Plate !

I didn't have one yet... I have a stovetop pressure cooker and a rice cooker (which is going up on eBay momentarily), but no slow cooker (but several dutch ovens and an actual oven... and a circulator). So. I didn't really *need* the IP, but it will be a good addition to the batterie de cuisine. And my current rice maker (a Zojirushi NS-PC18) is designed to make a gigantic quantity of rice -- much too much for my 2-person household. So a downgrade there is actually welcome. And my 8 quart pressure cooker feels like overkill for smaller jobs, so again it will be nice to have a smaller option.

1 hour ago, Shelby said:

Well, you're the one that forced me out of bed at 4 to buy 2 of them, so it's only fair that you got one too. :P

I didn't force you to do anything! I just made you aware of an offer you couldn't refuse.

I couldn't refuse either. :)

• Like 2