Jump to content
  • Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG-Inspired Kitchen Gadget Purchases (aka The Enablers' Hall of Fame)


chromedome
 Share

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, gfweb said:

My mag stirrer/hotplate has arrived!

Note that it is in the regulation labware blue. I know that @rotuts will appreciate this.

At high speed it adds to the kitchen feng shui with a happy burbeling(sp?).  Worth it for just this.

I foresee warm and gently agitated sauces.

 

20220104_215107.thumb.jpg.1c731e54df987d1f2ddcbf7283decec2.jpg

 

 

Well.  This is very cool.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, weinoo said:

 

I've managed for this long with a spoon, whisk, or as my father used to do with his martini, his finger.

some things don't dissolve easily, so you could be there stirring for a while.  When I mix hydroponic nutrients, I use a submersible pump in the reservoir to stir the water - makes life a lot easier - but that's for making 30 gallons.  If I only did a liter or so, I'd use a magnetic stirrer.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, weinoo said:

 

I've managed for this long with a spoon, whisk, or as my father used to do with his martini, his finger.

 I'm glad your dad didn't take it any farther than that.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, KennethT said:

some things don't dissolve easily, so you could be there stirring for a while.  When I mix hydroponic nutrients, I use a submersible pump in the reservoir to stir the water - makes life a lot easier - but that's for making 30 gallons.  If I only did a liter or so, I'd use a magnetic stirrer.

 

When I set up the farm, I'm coming to you for advice!

 

6 minutes ago, gfweb said:

I'm glad your dad didn't take it any farther than that.

 

He tried once with my martini, but I put a stop to that!

 

My father had lost the tip on his first finger in a press accident when he was in his 20s, working at his uncle's plant (the uncle who invented the underwire bra, as a matter of fact).  So guess which finger he used to stir?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...