• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Kim Shook

The Ladies Who Lunch (Part 3)

79 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Shelby said:

@Anna N I was thinking about your tiffin and wondered if you could stack part of it in your IP and cook in it?

The exact same thing occurred to me although I have not done anything towards checking it out.

And I have a confession to make. I have the exact same tiffin that @HungryChris  found at a thrift store but it just never appealed to me as something in which to serve my own food. I keep seeds and nuts in it for baking.   I also found mine at a thrift store.   The all stainless one  is considerably smaller in diameter.  I bet I could cook rice in the new one using the bowl-in-bowl method.  Well now you have me thinking about a stacked meal!

3 people like this

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Never call a stomach a tummy without good reason.” William Strunk Jr., The Elements of Style

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

I am going to continue this conversation over in the Instant Pot topic.

Here's a link.  

Edited by Anna N To add link to the Instant Pot topic. (log)
1 person likes this

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Never call a stomach a tummy without good reason.” William Strunk Jr., The Elements of Style

My 2004 eG Blog

While I was talking to my cleaning angel on Tuesday morning I happen to mention that I was hungering for some lamb. She recommended that the next time @Kerry Beal  and I meet for lunch we should check out The Grand Chalet  in the next town over from Oakville. Today was that day!

image.jpeg.b3757aff4aa794085e0b8928ef3a4961.jpeg

Basket of beautifully fresh bread that arrived within the company and saucer of olive oil and balsamic vinegar for dipping.

image.jpeg.40b78ac67b5db0884335490d7d0571ed.jpeg

Antipasto  of peppers, olives, Parmesan, and prosciutto.

image.jpeg.29ab2b85fa110bf2fae2addb3b4ad70c.jpeg

Pork schnitzel and a salad dressed with oil and the restaurant's own red wine vinegar.

image.jpeg.19aea5649555fa00b9750f5f555a82ff.jpeg

And the reason for our visit -- lamb skewers!  No leftovers this time!

11 people like this

My 2004 eG Blog