• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

palo

Cuisinart Recall

173 posts in this topic

I have one of these.  I've spent some time redialing 877-339-2534 (the supposed number to call) and getting nothing but a busy signal.  My last call tells me the number has been disconnected.  Does anyone have a number that works? I am so sick of Chinese made garbage.

1 person likes this

I just filed the report online. My canned reply tells me they're  sending me a new blade, and asks me to accept their apology.    Accept their canned apology?   This infuriates me.

1 hour ago, KitchenQueen said:

I am so sick of Chinese made garbage.

Like most places, there are all kinds of items of really incredible quality coming out of China, along with the duds. And not every product I have purchased that was made here at home has been the best, though I do feel better about keeping the work and money here. 

2 people like this

Thank you...  I have a new blade coming.

"There are no mistakes in bread baking, only more bread crumbs"

*Bernard Clayton, Jr.

My blade did exactly what this recall describes! And yesterday my Osterizer blender blade broke while whirring up salad dressing (!!!). Cheap expensive crap. 

1 person likes this

Feeling for y'all. I'm still using/loving my 80s-vintage Japanese-built Cuis, but hope to pick up a spare from eBay or Kijiji against the evil day that it finally gives up the ghost. 

2 people like this

Fat=flavor

16 hours ago, KitchenQueen said:

I just filed the report online. My canned reply tells me they're  sending me a new blade, and asks me to accept their apology.    Accept their canned apology?   This infuriates me.

The website doesn't load.  I called.  Got a busy signal several times, then a recording that told me to drop dead.  Actually it said they couldn't answer their phone, and I could submit a claim on online or by email.  But didn't tell me how I'd do that.  So, yeah, drop dead.

1 person likes this

I just got on and did mine, no problem.

MelissaH

Oswego, NY

Chemist, writer, hired gun

Say this five times fast: "A big blue bucket of blue blueberries."

foodblog1 | kitchen reno | foodblog2

Thanks for the info and the links, i'm off to check my blade to see if it has the rivets and is on the list of models.

1 person likes this

I can't imagine them having 8 million blades on hand.

Ill keep trying.

1 person likes this

But it would be really nice to get a confirmation email with my service notification number!

MelissaH

Oswego, NY

Chemist, writer, hired gun

Say this five times fast: "A big blue bucket of blue blueberries."

foodblog1 | kitchen reno | foodblog2

I was able to register at their site earlier this AM...it timed out on my first few attempts, then went through (got a confirmation email).

i got through.   

they didn't need the SN  which is impossible to decipher  Ill give them that.

its not just the models mentioned .  may of those models have letters after them and they count

ie  DLC-2011   includes a zillion w letters after the initial sequencxe

just keep trying.

a Kudos or Two for

@palo  

for bringing this up.    I never would have found out otherwise 

money-mouth.gif

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, chromedome said:

Feeling for y'all. I'm still using/loving my 80s-vintage Japanese-built Cuis, but hope to pick up a spare from eBay or Kijiji against the evil day that it finally gives up the ghost. 

Same here!

I was easily able to register for the new blade for my DLC2014!

like someone else here mentioned, with 8 million recalls, I just wonder how long it will actually take to get my replacement.

interesting question    I have not gotten an email back yet , but I copied the ' ticket '

it seems that < 100 or so issues were reported , including cuts in the mouth.

so lets say  its under reported by 1/2

that's  200 out of potentially 8 million blades out there.  as this goes way be to the end of the 90 ' , 1/4 are retired, 

that still 6 million blades.   say 50 % of the people see the recall and act

3 million blades     I recall a replacement blade was around 30 + bucks.  say 33 % profit  

thats a hit to the company of about 60 million dollars.

cuisinart is owned by Conair Corporation.  its a private company

Rats !    I wanted to see how its stock was doing today.

at least its not snowing here.