• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG Foodblogs: Coming Attractions

heidih

It looks like one of the bridges in the Sacramento Delta. I've driven over a goodly number of them - and have waited while boats sailed through. I don't know how many swing bridges are in the Delta and on the surrounding navigable rivers, but there are a significant number.

I remember one swing bridge that looked a lot like the one in the photo, over a river in Wisconsin when I was a teen but the last year I lived there, it was lifted and broken by an enormous ice pack. At the time there was talk of replacing it with a higher bridge that would not have to swing.

It's an interesting photo.

Edited by andiesenji (log)

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

That photo could be just about anywhere in Ontario...land of a zillion lakes and rivers. It could be Peterborough for that matter on the Trent Canal.

Could it be Tri2Cook, way up north?

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

<p>Heidi, that was a really, really devious way of saying it's either Toronto or Montreal. I'm going to go (with fingers crossed) with Kerry Beal.

Yes! Our next blogger is Kerry Beal starting tomorrow.

Do we know anyone in International Falls or Thunder Bay? Just a guess, I got nothing.

I'm a few hours northeast (I.F.) and northwest (T-Bay) of those locations but so far I'm too chicken to sign on for a week of blogging. I'm at work fairly long hours 6 days/week so I'm not sure I could keep it interesting. Really looking forward to Kerry and Anna though.

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

My standard response to anyone hesitating about blogging is that: "At heart, most of us are super nosy about what other people really eat. We get excited about their choice of morning beverage, how and when they shop, and even what store-bought treats they enjoy. For a time it was customary for bloggers to post an image of the Pocky availability at their local market for example. No need to wow us. We are interested as long as food is in the equation".

So......anyone interested, drop me a PM :)

• 1 month later...

A brave soul will be blogging for us the week of the 15th. Teaser images coming next week.

As always - PM me if you want to discuss a blog week.