• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG Foodblogs: Coming Attractions

heidih

• 3 weeks later...

Pork,fried pickles and Cheerwine could be GA too. Note the lack of an NC BBQ sauce.

I think those are hush puppies, darlin'. :wink:

That doesn't look like NC slaw. Though if it's homemade it could be. Hmmm. Good strawberries - farther south than NC, too, I'd think. Maybe even north Florida? They like to pretend that they are southerners :raz: .

I drove everyone insane with my obsession with hush puppies when I went to NC for a friends wedding, will be fun to see someone from

The southern states, I still cant get my head around "biscuits & gravy" though!

"Experience is something you gain just after you needed it" ....A Wise man

Pork,fried pickles and Cheerwine could be GA too. Note the lack of an NC BBQ sauce.

I think those are hush puppies, darlin'. :wink:

That doesn't look like NC slaw. Though if it's homemade it could be. Hmmm. Good strawberries - farther south than NC, too, I'd think. Maybe even north Florida? They like to pretend that they are southerners :raz: .

I'm used to plumper hush puppies. These look like hush kittens to me. :laugh:

If it was Utz Crab Chips instead of hushpuppies, I'd be calling my wife..."I really don't appreciate you getting Cheerwine shipped to KC and me finding out about it on eGullet...is that tonight's dinner?".

I want this blog to start immediately. And I want some Cheerwine. And some crab chips.

Jerry

Kansas City, Mo.

Unsaved Loved Ones

My eG Food Blog- 2011

I still cant get my head around "biscuits & gravy" though!

Big buttermilk biscuits covered in a peppery milk gravy full of spicy/sagey breakfast sausage. I'd eat it every day (well, maybe not every day), consequences to the arteries be damned, if good sausage existed where I live. :biggrin: The Canadian take (at least in the area where I live) on breakfast sausage is "make it bland with a few gristly chunks to offset the thoroughly pureed meat and bread mixture". I guess I could quit complaining and make my own...

No guesse on who the blogger is though. I don't seem to be very good at this game.

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

That was my initial thought - granted one of the only places I went to in NC but still... There were some god places to eat there

"Experience is something you gain just after you needed it" ....A Wise man

• 4 weeks later...

Sharp photo, edible flowers, heirloom tomatoes, white asparagus, great color in the photography as well as a great photo setup ... I'm going to guess dcarch.

Edited by Rico (log)