• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG Foodblogs: Coming Attractions

heidih

It is a bit early for crocuses in NY but it's been a mild winter. I know Chris Hennes has practically cooked his way through "Fiesta" and owns MC so that's my stab in the dark.

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Ok, who has a copy of Modernist Cuisine, lives somewhere in the East (south of Boston, because of the blooming crocus), has a wok, and eats Greek yogurt? All I can come up with is LindaK but she's here in the Boston area. Maybe she has a warm spot in her yard for the crocus....

Even with the warm winter, it's too soon for a crocus this far north--I wish!

Heidi does a good job taunting us with these posts, I can't guess this one either. The Italian cookbook has me stumped.

Since we are on the brink of the next food blog it is time to "spill the beans". Anna N's "stab in the dark" was right on target. We will be enjoying cooking and eating with Chris Hennes starting tomorrow.

My guess on the crocus is that Oklahoma has had virtually no winter this year.

Not me. This is far too soon for me to be blogging again!

ETA - And that Mercedes is not so ancient, at least not by South American standards. It's looking more and more like Hassouni to me.

Oh, and Andean service vehicle plates are orange and normally NorAm shaped.

Edited by Panaderia Canadiense (log)

Elizabeth Campbell, baking 10,000 feet up at 1° South latitude.

My eG Food Blog (2011)My eG Foodblog (2012)

Not me. This is far too soon for me to be blogging again!

ETA - And that Mercedes is not so ancient, at least not by South American standards. It's looking more and more like Hassouni to me.

Oh, and Andean service vehicle plates are orange and normally NorAm shaped.

I think a 40+ year old Mercedes qualifies as ancient anywhere, SA or no.

I agree that it is Houssani.

How about nikkib?

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

It's definitely lebanon. Hassouni pointed out during my blog that we both have the same coffee cups as pictured above. The other picture is a delicious manaouche with zataar. So hassouni or possibly chefcrash although he went back last summer so may be a litle soon for a repeat visit. I could do with a healthy dose of Lebanon right now - can't wait!!!

"Experience is something you gain just after you needed it" ....A Wise man