• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

I come from a Land Down Under

Hi fellow posters, I promised myself I would join you all this year and participate after having read many of your wonderful posts over the years. 
Of course I love to cook, mainly from scratch but sometimes a bought short cut creeps in. 
Thanks for having me

Neely

• Like 6

Hello and welcome, @Neely! It's good when lurkers come out of the shadows. As others have said: tell us more about yourself. What do you like to cook, do you cook for others or just yourself, what part of Down Under are you in? Whatever you want to tell us.

If you have any questions about how or where to post something, feel free to ask a host by PM. (I'm one of them.)

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

Thanks for the welcome Darienne, TropicalSenior, ElsieD, TdeV, AAQuesada and Smithy. 

LOL AAQuesada…I was thinking more about the “and he gave me a Vegemite sandwich” line in that song, but all good. 

Smithy, I will have questions about posting photos and thanks for mentioning that I can ask you about this. You may have noticed I messed up my 1st posting of photos on the breakfast topic… still baffled how that happened, but I guess I’ll get better at it. I do like to take photos of food almost as much as eating and cooking (wink).

I’m from Melbourne and live there currently, although I have lived in other places in Europe and have travelled in Asia and been to USA quite a few times. 

It’s just hubby and I living at home. He’s from the UK so you may notice English food like a Sunday roast popping up quite regularly. 

I have 3 sons, two of which live in other cities of Australia… Perth and Sydney. The third lives around the corner from us. I also have 2 gorgeous grandsons 4 & 2 and a 3rd due any week. 

Thanks for letting me join in here and I hope I can soon become one of the regulars and I do take my hat off to the members who have been here for a long time and who have formed bonds of friendship.

• Like 7