• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Help Me Track Down the Name of a Specific, Famous, South African chef

Tempest63

A South African colleague recommended recipes from someone called Valdila or Valdima. Not overly sure of the spelling as he told me her name in a busy/noisy pub.

I have trawled the internet without luck and wondered if anyone here has the faintest idea who he may have been speaking of.

Apparently her bobotie recipe is the best. 
He left the business and I can no longer track him down, he may have gone back to SA.

You might try to write to my South African chef friend, @JohnT .  He was a terrific help to me when I was looking for a Bobotie recipe.  

• Like 1

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

On 12/1/2023 at 4:51 PM, Tempest63 said:

A South African colleague recommended recipes from someone called Valdila or Valdima. Not overly sure of the spelling as he told me her name in a busy/noisy pub.

I think he refers to Chef Wandile

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2