• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Received my Darto 20cm sauté pan today. It arrived in excellent condition (even the box). Amazingly fast shipping, I ordered late on the 14th, it was shipped on the 15th, arrived today the 21st! It’s outside in a plastic bag soaking in oven cleaner to get the packing oil off. Next up, seasoning.😊

• Like 4

somewhere along the line Darto issued info that they would be "bulk stocking" their products in USA.

this make tons of sense, since the cost/delay of customs clearance on 5 tons of pans is about the same as one pan....

but it also speeds up delivery by several whales.

they still do a thing about "pre-orders" - it's smart - lets them plan their production...

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, AlaMoi said:

somewhere along the line Darto issued info that they would be "bulk stocking" their products in USA.

this make tons of sense, since the cost/delay of customs clearance on 5 tons of pans is about the same as one pan....

but it also speeds up delivery by several whales.

they still do a thing about "pre-orders" - it's smart - lets them plan their production...

According to the DHL tracking this one came from Argentina. It did go through customs in Miami. Guess I ordered on a slow day.