• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Trader Joe's Products (2017–)

Kerry Beal

9 hours ago, rotuts said:

decided to ty these :

IMG_4053.thumb.jpg.d730c6af8904f2aa8a34f705be7baed1.jpg

decent.

the packaging suggest these might not do well re: crunch

in a humid environment.

One of my favorite TJs cookies. Once open, I store them in a ziploc freezer bag and haven't noticed a change in texture. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, rotuts said:

@lemniscate

ill look for them 

salty ?

Well, yeah, salty, but not like saltine salty.   Balanced.   I have eaten them plain and with soft butter.   I have cream cheese on deck, I imagine that's the perfect spread for these.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, rotuts said:

@lemniscate

ill look for them 

salty ?

10 pieces(30g)
CALORIES PER SERVING

0%
Sodium

140 mg

https://www.traderjoes.com/home/products/pdp/norwegian-sourdough-rye-chips-077301

• Like 1

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

I'm much happier with (some of) the fruit, and its value, that I've been buying at TJ's, vs. the other stuff I take a chance on every now and then.

I got a bag (7 units) of white nectarines for $3.50 that turned out to be fragrant, sweet and juicy.  The Tuscan (or other) melons I buy are usually just fine, as are the blueberries.  During citrus season, their US grown oranges are good. I rarely buy citrus from the southern hemisphere, once the US/Mexico market dries up. 

I bought a couple of jars of that salsa (Hatch) yesterday, and I found the jar I opened to be a little bland when using it for chips, to be honest.  So I emptied it into a small pork chili stew I was making, and used it that way.

• Like 2

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

also this AM @ TJ's spotted this :

IMG_4085.thumb.jpg.98078f89d9c7bfac86be9330d6b564ff.jpg

salted and spiced calamari is one of my very favorite dished in Chinatown.

used the sir fryer , from frozen :

IMG_4088.thumb.jpg.2737a52150f139338eccab81b0407fc2.jpg

plated 

IMG_4094.thumb.jpg.f4f70ddb6a381fe418d4b3fddf73e40d.jpg

dip was mayo and a good portion go green tabasco .

these were crispy , batter not too thick

but a bit chewy.  in Cginese restaurants thy end up w a bit thinner better , and very tender ,

guess that' a good thing , or Id have these twice a dat.!

Ill try the other 1/2 pack in a pre-heated AF.

I use the AF with a cold (room temp ) start.

either way Ill have them again.  just as well they turned out this way

or there would be big trouble here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I bought a bag of the rye crisps, but have put them away for another time. I ate too many handfuls of the peanut butter covered caramel popcorn and am waiting for the sugar crash that will surely come later.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast" - Oscar Wilde

I finally made it to Trader Joe's.  It's less than 5 miles from me, but the area is so congested and full of giant SUVs that I avoid it until I have multiple places that I need to shop before going.  I picked up my usual Unexpected Cheddar and green onion pancakes.  I bypassed the frozen sea scallops until I have some freezer room and resisted the always alluring fresh flowers.  I got a couple of new-to-me eG recommended things.  One was a great success and the other I haven't completely decided about. 

@Maison Rustique recommended this peach cream cheese, which I tried on a sesame bagel:

IMG_7829.JPG.b0f32f519e385bb4fdd11d74e6dd78b7.JPG

IMG_7830.thumb.JPG.6fecff40b81b2893f76ed6be83d72143.JPG

This is the thing I'm not sure about.  I think that the sesame bagel was the wrong vehicle - it was SO strongly flavored that the peach flavor got lost.  I think that the cookies were the right choice, @Maison Rustique!  I'll report back when I try that!

The other product was this:

IMG_7839.thumb.JPG.f8f77bf2fb25b3f36b0c0c7b1651657a.JPG

@OlyveOyl mentioned this awhile ago and I put it on my TJ list and finally picked it up.  I used it on some cod.  I smeared it on the cod and then pressed panko crumbs into the pesto (the sauce on top is not the pesto, but some broken lemon/butter sauce):

IMG_7832.JPG.fe31e2f842d9722652d1df3e0a25a3d1.JPG

I loved the pesto – though I’m not sure if I’m going to be creative enough to figure out how to use the entire jar before it goes bad😁

• Like 4
  • Delicious 1

these came in "

IMG_4148.thumb.jpg.9adeef7150d56ce9eabb12a4b73aa9e1.jpg

they are excellent .  provided you like sour and rye .

they seem salter on the tongue that the indicated salt content on the back.

very difficult  eating only a few

• Like 2

This is quite good, although it's not the higher quality gelato one would find in a dedicated gelato shop.  I love the combination of vanilla and chocolate - always a favorite - and the fudgy swirl is not at all overpowering.  The dessert maintains an easy-to-scoop texture right from the freezer, and it's not overly sweet ... this, I think, will be my go-to ice cream for a while.  Try it ... nice for the summer months.

VanBeanSwirl.jpg.d6787adcf8fd58bb6058565e3e77e41d.jpg.

Edited by Shel_B (log)
  • Like 1

... Shel