Jump to content
  • Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Recommended Posts

I just keep a quarter in my car - especially for Aldi.  Ours is a block away from my usual store and I go to Aldi first.  The prices are really much better on basics and I like their deli stuff, particularly the sliced cheeses.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At my closest supermarket it's a dollar coin (because we *have* that option, I suppose) and there are no cart corrals in the parking lot. They do sell a token you can clip onto your keychain that fits the coin slot, so you never have to root around in your purse or pocket for a loonie. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, chromedome said:

They do sell a token you can clip onto your keychain that fits the coin slot, so you never have to root around in your purse or pocket for a loonie. 

 Depending on the cost that is rather brilliant idea and one I would be up for if offered at a reasonable cost. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Anna N said:

 Depending on the cost that is rather brilliant idea and one I would be up for if offered at a reasonable cost. 

They charge $2 for it at No Frills. Superstore and Sobey's here don't use the coin/return system, but I'm guessing anywhere Superstore *does* use coins they probably sell the keychain thingie. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2017 at 12:21 PM, DiggingDogFarm said:

 

And definitely pricey!

 

ByrneCreamEdited.jpg

Those prices almost caused a panic attack for me.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Shelby said:

Those prices almost caused a panic attack for me.

 Not me! They look pretty darn standard. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow

59 minutes ago, Shelby said:

Those prices almost caused a panic attack for me.

Me too...about $5.00 less here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those prices are incredibly steep...especially considering that I drive past two Byrne Dairy stores (which have the exact same products at prices that won't induce heart attacks) on my way to the local Aldi.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Byrne Dairy stores are sort of a convenience store, hence the high prices.

Their cream is usually priced less elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MelissaH said:

Those prices are incredibly steep...especially considering that I drive past two Byrne Dairy stores (which have the exact same products at prices that won't induce heart attacks) on my way to the local Aldi.

 

What are the prices in your area @MelissaH?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last time I checked, a quart of non-ultrapasturized heavy cream was on the order of $5. Byrne Dairy is the only place I can find cream that isn't ultrapasteurized.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MelissaH said:

Last time I checked, a quart of non-ultrapasturized heavy cream was on the order of $5. Byrne Dairy is the only place I can find cream that isn't ultrapasteurized.

Yeah, the Byrne UP cream is usually ~$5.00 at other stores. Unfortunately, the non-UP cream is only available at Byrne  stores. :S


Edited by DiggingDogFarm (log)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×