• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Sign in to follow this  
FrogPrincesse

What Beers Did You Drink Today? Or Yesterday? (Part 3)

Went to a  launch tasting at Roosevelts last night.  The new to Oklahoma beer is Paradox out of Divide, CO.  The Blood Rooted is a Wild Sour Golden Ale Brewed with Blood Orange juice and Ginger aged in oak wine barrels (didn't specify which wine).  Almost floral with hints of citrus and didn't get much oakiness.  The other taste I had was Future Knowledge, an oak fermented farmhouse ale, knox foeder#1.  The oak came out in this one.  Both were interesting, I will go back to the Blood Rooted to retaste.  

MILF and a Winter Grind from Mother's Brewing in Springfield , MO and had a tap of Black Betty from Nebraska Brewing.  Monday I had a Rye'd or D'IPA from Anthem Brewing out of OKC at Mcnellie's South City Pint Night where we get to take the glass home.  Anybody need any shaker beer glasses?  If you pay for the postage I will give them to you.  Assorted breweries.  

Edited by joiei (log)

On weekends I like to drink Carling and Peroni, but yesterday I decided to try Krombacher. Pretty good too

"Betsy" - allegedly the first beer specifically brewed for being consumed during air travel. I had this some weeks ago in the Cathay lounge in Hong Kong and found it a bit flat. This time I ordered it as my pre-lunch drink on the flight from FRA back to HKG. At the reduced pressure in the cabin the carbonation was just right. It was kind of fruity, with a pronounced bitterness. Reminded me of a cross-over between a pale ale and a lambic. Overall a quite nice beer ...

WP_20170624_15_21_23_Rich.jpg

WP_20170624_15_24_00_Rich (2).jpg

• Like 1

Last night I tasted Sweet Tooth from Tall Grass.  Very nice, the slight bit of salty helped balance the sweet from the caramel.  A nice fall sipper.  Here is their description.  

Sweet Tooth

Taking our love of Belgian beers to the next level, we’re excited to announce the arrival of Sweet Tooth, a salted caramel Belgian Dark Strong Ale. Dark, complex and smooth, Sweet Tooth boasts rich, toasty caramel malt flavors with hints of dark fruit, spices and just a touch of salt. We like to think of it as a beer Willy Wonka would’ve made for the Oompa Loompas to enjoy after an 18-hour shift making everlasting gobstoppers.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By liuzhou
      500 years ago, Martin Luther started off the Reformation. In a way, this not only changed religious affairs in Europe, but also changed our beer.

Article here.