• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Breakfast! 2015

Anna N

:raz: 

Never heard of such a thing. Unless that's what you would call what I eat while I clean up after the meal.

I have some in my kitchen now, even as we speak.... but, I am on my way to clean up the kitchen from our late brunch meal, and start the prep for tonight's dinner! guess it won't be left for long! :raz:

• Like 2

And this old porch is like a steaming greasy plate of enchiladas,With lots of cheese and onions and a guacamole salad ...This Old Porch...Lyle Lovett

After a month on Manitoulin Island my first breakfast at home. Leftover Chinese food ordered in last night as I was too tired and hungry to even think. I will be eating it for days! Szechuan noodles and Dry-fried green beans.

image.jpg

• Like 4

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

image.jpg

Some of the crabless cakes leftover from yesterday's lunch served with a sauce made of tomatoes left over from yesterday's dinner. Boy do I feel virtuous. Actually I just need to get to a grocery store after being away for five weeks. Apparently it will happen tomorrow morning. The freshest thing in my refrigerator is a lemon brought down from Manitoulin.

• Like 3

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

My 2004 eG Blog

Weekend "splurge" breakfast: baked eggs atop smoked gouda cheese grits, topped with bacon, a drizzle of cream, and a sprinkling of queso fresco. With toast made from Wisconsin beer cheese bread, as shown on the Bread forum, from The New Artisan Bread In Five Minutes A Day.

breakfast 0808.jpg

• Like 4

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

Uno Brk.jpg

delicious.  sometimes at room temp, sometimes after 30 sec. in the micro

incredibly unhealthy.  1/2 the days worth of sodium, if not more.  lots of bad fats if not RedSlime in the pepperoni.

made from this the night before :

Uno.jpg

'properly cooked' w the correct amendments  ( olive oil, green tabasco , chill flakes, turkish oregano )

tasty.  a lifetime worth of sodium right there in front of you.

note the price   $ 9.99 .  Expensive

but from time to time they go on sale for $ 4.99

i get one then and then only.

do not ever make the mistake of getting two on sale and freezing one.

bad, very very bad.

just saying 'cause I know.

Edited by rotuts (log)
  • Like 2

Eggs Lingon :

EggLingon.jpg

this is a piece of HomeMade (machine ) bread, lightly toasted & buttered with some IKEA Lingon preserves 

topped w two scrambled eggs.  delicious.

those w keen eyes will note the scrambled eggs were scrambled in beurre noir.  that was purely operator error.

this dish is best if you keep an eye on the butter rather than fiddling w the coffee.

its vastly improved if you also remember to warm up the jam/jelly/marmalade/preserves.

it reminds me of a very old fashioned french dessert  : a Jam/jelly/etc omelette.

if you've never had one and have good jam/jelly/etc  its worth a try.

this is the scrambled egg version.

sausage would have been nice, on the side.

:sad:

Edited by rotuts (log)
  • Like 4

Above was yesterday's breakfast.

And today's.

Soft%20boiled%20eggs%20July%2021st%2C%20

Soft%20boiled%20eggs%20July%2021st%2C%20

Soft boiled eggs with toast fingers.

This is an interesting way of serving soft boiled eggs. Do you warm the glass serving dish and then scoop the eggs into it? How many are there in each serving vessel?

Id like to hear more

I just don't see the onions

I take it you are on diuretics ?

nothing wrong with that

Im on some MySelf

HCTZ

just a whiff

Not much more to say. I impale the weiner on a skewer...spiral cut...then roast on the gas flame of a stove burner. Gets done fast.

Some tomato-y onions ala a NYC dog cart would be just right.

This is an interesting way of serving soft boiled eggs. Do you warm the glass serving dish and then scoop the eggs into it? How many are there in each serving vessel?

I am sure Ann_T will give you her version when she sees your question but I did want to say when my husband was feeling under the weather he requested something very similar. A couple of soft boiled eggs gently stirred together with some soft butter, salt and pepper and it had to be served in a coffee mug. It was a childhood thing and he only ever asked for it when he was feeling punk.

• Like 1

My 2004 eG Blog

sorry to hear that

Dogs need not just USA ball-park mustard

but freshly sliced Onions

For me I like the Red Ones.

but well any fresh onion would due

Uncooked onion = agita for me.
  • Like 1

image.jpg

Wasn't too sure about how this flavour combination would work. It is a blue cheese, lingonberry and scallion toastie from a British cookery book. Originally it called for a cranberry spread but I think the lingonberry worked fine.

• Like 3

My 2004 eG Blog