• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Would you eat this egg?

Shel_B

Just curious ... opened a new carton of eggs a while ago and found this puppy.  Would you break this open and fry or scramble it? If you did break it open, what would you look for to decide if you'd eat it or not?

Egg.jpg.d0ccc3b1fa5d6f2d7e8cc87429af74b0.jpg

• Confused 1

... Shel

3 hours ago, Shel_B said:

I observed that as well.

As @Margaret Pilgrim observed, I too thought about where we all live, but in a different way.. I'm here in Atlanta on east coast  time.  The twins like to wake us old folks up at 7am. By 7:30 I was browsing on my laptop and noticed @Shel_B was posting. That means you were thinking seriously about this egg at 4am Pacific Time.  Really?  I wish you a better night's sleep tonight. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Katie Meadow said:

As @Margaret Pilgrim observed, I too thought about where we all live, but in a different way.. I'm here in Atlanta on east coast  time.  The twins like to wake us old folks up at 7am. By 7:30 I was browsing on my laptop and noticed @Shel_B was posting. That means you were thinking seriously about this egg at 4am Pacific Time.  Really?  I wish you a better night's sleep tonight. 

Maybe he’s just an early riser?  He said he got rid of it at 3AM…

4 hours ago, Shel_B said:

And that's where it went at about 3am his morning.

Thanks to all for jumping in.

…which would seem to be before he posted and definitely before anyone answered. 

• Haha 2

On 6/15/2024 at 10:07 AM, Duvel said:

I would put it out for the hedgehog …

Is it a pet hedgehog? If so - then I might not put it there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4