• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

How would you search for a specific pan?

MaryIsobel

I have had this pan for at least 35 years. It was teflon way back. I don't use it without foil or parchment anymore. It is just a perfect pan - 14" x 9" with 2" sloped sides. I use it to roast veggies for two or to cook the frozen chicken cordon bleu from a local purveyor that is a go-to fast food for us. Roasting 3 chicken thighs ot two breasts... you get the idea. Anyway, it obviously needs to be replaced. I want stainless or clad. Don't need non-stick, don't want ceramic. I found a calaphon one but it has ridges on the bottom which I don't want. Any magic search words to help me find it? $100.00 or less is what I'm looking for.

pan.jpg

23 minutes ago, AlaMoi said:

Thank you. This is the closest to what I have been searching for de Buyer MINERAL B Carbon Steel Oval Roasting Pan - Ideal for Roasting Meat, Seafood & Veggies - Naturally Nonstick - Made in France

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have this one that A friend gave me several years ago. It is Cuisinart stainless steel. I love it because it has an extra heavy bottom and things don't burn. It also cleans like a dream. Things just never stick to it and it looks brand new even though she used it for 30 years and I've used it for 10.

20231202_021114.thumb.jpg.48326e286da1bccaafe4476b91e824d5.jpg

Edited by Tropicalsenior (log)

On 10/17/2023 at 7:10 PM, MaryIsobel said:

Thank you. This is the closest to what I have been searching for de Buyer MINERAL B Carbon Steel Oval Roasting Pan - Ideal for Roasting Meat, Seafood & Veggies - Naturally Nonstick - Made in France

These are nice pans

• Like 1

IME, your best search terms are:  "oval roaster", "oval gratin" and oval fish pan".  These should be productive on eBay

Do you use induction?  Must you use a dishwasher?  If both answers are "no", you might consider a vintage copper pan in this shape--your size is quite common.  Many are SS-lined.

Here're the results for "0oval gratin":  https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=oval+gratin+pan&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_odkw=oval+roasting+pan&_osacat=0