• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Show us your latest cookbook acquisitions!

weinoo

I picked this up from the library on Saturday: Dan Pashman's 'Anything's Pastable'.

I'm on the fence with this one. There are some interesting recipes however there are some I would consider pretty bizarre. 

Not a cookbook I would buy.

AnythingPastable.jpg.5b04e7dc7fb0ef19d92b03e2a567be30.jpg

• Like 2

'A drink to the livin', a toast to the dead' Gordon Lightfoot

13 minutes ago, Senior Sea Kayaker said:

I picked this up from the library on Saturday: Dan Pashman's 'Anything's Pastable'.

I'm on the fence with this one. There are some interesting recipes however there are some I would consider pretty bizarre. 

AnythingPastable.jpg.5b04e7dc7fb0ef19d92b03e2a567be30.jpg

That's a strange-looking cover photo. Is it really showing bacon draped over a rod, like a pasta drying rod? 

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

9 minutes ago, Smithy said:

That's a strange-looking cover photo. Is it really showing bacon draped over a rod, like a pasta drying rod? 

That is 'cacio e pepe e chili crisp' made with a pasta I'm unfamiliar with, malfalde, and draped over what I presume to be a chopstick 🤨.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Senior Sea Kayaker said:

Thanks for the reminder!  I just put it on my “hold” list at the library. I've got plenty of pasta cookbooks and don’t need another one but would like to get a look at it. I’m 18th in line for 10 copies so I should get it in ~ a month.  

4 hours ago, blue_dolphin said:

Thanks for the reminder!  I just put it on my “hold” list at the library. I've got plenty of pasta cookbooks and don’t need another one but would like to get a look at it. I’m 18th in line for 10 copies so I should get it in ~ a month.  

Please post your impression/opinions of the book. 

My overall take is that I thought this type of fusion cuisine for the sake of fusion had had its day.

• Like 2