• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New Fuchsia Dunlop Cookbook?

liuzhou

I'm hearing rumours of a new book from Fuchsia Dunlop, this time on Zhejiang cuisine from the east of China around Hangzhou and Ningbo, south of Shanghai. No date or title - or confirmation yet.

Edited by liuzhou
added tags (log)
  • Like 1

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is good news, thanks.  A friend of mine used to take me to a Ningbo cuisine restaurant in Beijing.  A lot of seafood, and sweet, especially when compared to the dark, salty and savory dishes typical of Beijing and Dong-Bei (North-East) region.  It was one of my favorite restaurants.  Hopefully Ms. Dunlop can help me recreate it.

Maybe I would have more friends if I didn't eat so much garlic?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2016 at 7:55 AM, EWgq933 said:

this will publish july 28, 2016.

Thanks. I think that that's the British publication date.  I've got it in my Amazon cart in the US and it says October 2016.  We really do need to go metric on this side of the sink, don't we?  Too bad it didn't stick when we tried changing back in the seventies.

There's an episode of America's Test Kitchen Radio with an interview with Ms. Dunlop here:

https://www.americastestkitchen.com/radio/202-cooking-lesson-the-secrets-of-cooking-brilliant-chinese-food-at-home-with-fuchsia-dunlop

Edited by Big Joe the Pro
Misspellings (log)
  • Like 1

Maybe I would have more friends if I didn't eat so much garlic?