Jump to content
  • Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Your Daily Sweets: What Are You Making and Baking? (2017 – )


pjm333
 Share

Recommended Posts

Made an entremet for a get together/baby announcement over the weekend .

 

Mirror Glaze

White chocolate mousse

Strawberry confit

Strawberry cremeux

Raspberry Madeleine 

 

I'll probably switch out the Madeleine for something else next time. Still delicious 😋 445260593_20220611_1748422.thumb.jpg.91a721ddc70dec6d2dd1394b583daa1a.jpg

IMG_8521.jpg

  • Like 12
  • Delicious 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, trisme11 said:

Made an entremet for a get together/baby announcement over the weekend .

 

Mirror Glaze

White chocolate mousse

Strawberry confit

Strawberry cremeux

Raspberry Madeleine 

 

I'll probably switch out the Madeleine for something else next time. Still delicious 😋 445260593_20220611_1748422.thumb.jpg.91a721ddc70dec6d2dd1394b583daa1a.jpg

IMG_8521.jpg

Nicely done! I find that madeleine and other buttery sponge layers freeze badly. Maybe try a financier next time? They're fairly forgiving.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Something of a tart-making spree this weekend - more desserts in three days than I've been making all year. Here are two of the better ones:

 

Apricot and milk chocolate

 

Pâte sucrée

Apricot confit

Financier

Milk chocolate and apricot crémeux

Dried apricot pieces

 

image.thumb.jpeg.33400108720ac3841253cd9e07569e5b.jpeg

 

Chocolate, orange and hazelnut

 

Pâte sucrée

Chocolate orange curd

Toasted hazelnuts

Candied bergamot

 

image.thumb.jpeg.dedc06b7a9ab874ec8deb5aefb0dad49.jpeg

 

This one was the most successful - I love my chocolate orange curd recipe 😍

Edited by jmacnaughtan (log)
  • Like 12
  • Delicious 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, jmacnaughtan said:

Nicely done! I find that madeleine and other buttery sponge layers freeze badly. Maybe try a financier next time? They're fairly forgiving.

Thank you!

Yes I usually do but wanted to try something different. It wasn't bad just too thick for my liking. I might try a less thicker version next time or just go back to my usual

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, jmacnaughtan said:

Something of a tart-making spree this weekend - more desserts in three days than I've been making all year. Here are two of the better ones:

 

Apricot and milk chocolate

 

Pâte sucrée

Apricot confit

Financier

Milk chocolate and apricot crémeux

Dried apricot pieces

 

image.thumb.jpeg.33400108720ac3841253cd9e07569e5b.jpeg

 

Chocolate, orange and hazelnut

 

Pâte sucrée

Chocolate orange curd

Toasted hazelnuts

Candied bergamot

 

image.thumb.jpeg.dedc06b7a9ab874ec8deb5aefb0dad49.jpeg

 

This one was the most successful - I love my chocolate orange curd recipe 😍

Chocolate orange curd sounds heavenly. Care to share your recipe?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Blintzes filled with farmers cheese, lemon zest, vanilla and raisins.

I wanted to brulee it, but couldn't find the torch I'm sure is laying somewhere.  So I ended up grilling them. Not exactly the same result, but still tasty.

PXL_20220614_190911412.thumb.jpg.a59e7d43a79075b1a27c8bad377fdcde.jpg

  • Like 7
  • Delicious 1

~ Shai N.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, shain said:

Blintzes filled with farmers cheese, lemon zest, vanilla and raisins.

I wanted to brulee it, but couldn't find the torch I'm sure is laying somewhere.  So I ended up grilling them. Not exactly the same result, but still tasty.

PXL_20220614_190911412.thumb.jpg.a59e7d43a79075b1a27c8bad377fdcde.jpg

YES!!!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Darienne

 

learn, learn, learn...

 

Life in the Meadows and Rivers

Cheers & Chocolates

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bought blackberries at the farmers market today. There will be blackberry cobbler tomorrow!

  • Like 4
  • Delicious 1

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Shelby said:

That looks sublime.


It pretty much was. If I do say so myownself.

  • Like 2

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Shelby said:

Where is the jealous button

Come on down. I got leftovers. And lots of ice cream. Pie warms well in the microwave.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, kayb said:

Come on down. I got leftovers. And lots of ice cream. Pie warms well in the microwave.

I would scare you half to death.....hair not done since pandemic....I look like a wild woman lol but thanks  🤗

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Y’know, it’d be awright. I went to church this morning. Was getting ready, brushed my hair, and looked to grab makeup. Thought, “Nah, I can’t be bothered.”

 

Went ahead on.

  • Like 4

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/25/2022 at 4:41 PM, RWood said:

Pound cake. Tried a new recipe that starts in a cold oven. Came out very nice. 

43FF08E1-0E22-4F49-8CFC-6DA2388F30FC.jpeg

That is a beautiful looking cake!  Pound cake is one of my very favorite cakes and I sometimes have trouble with it - specifically I have tended in the past to get a crust that rises up off the cake and has to be pulled off.  Not a huge deal when  that becomes the bottom, but looks bad in a loaf cake.  Many years ago (2006) @shaloop gave me a recipe that helped alleviate that - partially by not preheating the oven.  The theory was that not getting that initial "lift" helped avoid the raised up crust.  Does that make sense to you?

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Kim Shook said:

That is a beautiful looking cake!  Pound cake is one of my very favorite cakes and I sometimes have trouble with it - specifically I have tended in the past to get a crust that rises up off the cake and has to be pulled off.  Not a huge deal when  that becomes the bottom, but looks bad in a loaf cake.  Many years ago (2006) @shaloop gave me a recipe that helped alleviate that - partially by not preheating the oven.  The theory was that not getting that initial "lift" helped avoid the raised up crust.  Does that make sense to you?

There was a little bit of that on one side. Not sure why one side, could be from the convection oven. But, I thought it was from a little bit of over creaming. My butter was really soft when I got around to making it, and I use a scraper paddle. While it needs to be very light and fluffy to help with the texture and lift, mine may have been beaten a little too long. I've not had that problem though with a loaf or pound cake before. Weird. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Made a smoothie of mangoes and a little coconut cream, pandan extract, ginger, brown sugar, rose water, cinnamon.

  • Like 1
  • Delicious 1

~ Shai N.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...