• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Current sales, deals, and bargains (Part 2)

Kerry Beal

22 minutes ago, rotuts said:

On Amazon :

ddddd.thumb.jpg.2a4da2046cc29b1e14b79a803d4c389e.jpg

and then

ffff.thumb.jpg.38dfc7e1dd6880561cc9473096e04840.jpg

wow .

The same product, but a 1.5 oz. package costs $29.99 Cdn. on Amazon.ca.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

The same product, but a 1.5 oz. package costs $29.99 Cdn. on Amazon.ca.  

A bit too pricey!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TdeV said:

On Sunday, my order from More Than Gourmet didn't calculate the discount correctly. I sent them a message that I would buy the products (before they're all gone) and would they please issue me a refund for the excess portion? Which they did promptly on Monday.

That happened to me too with Roasted Turkey Demi-Glace.  If you bought 12, the discount was 20%.  Less than that, the discount was 10%.  They refunded the difference promptly.  My order is arriving tomorrow!

• Like 2

I only make a handful of amazon orders each year and one or two of the MTG demi-glace 1 pound containers has always been an annual purchase for me.  They have been running about $20-25 for the one pound tubs on amazon since I started buying them over a decade ago.  I had no idea that they had an online direct store until yesterday.  I do hope that they continue to be available through amazon (or some other reseller).  I have seen demi concentrate available through a restaurant wholesaler/purveyor that I have a relationship with, but I think it comes in a 10 lb bucket and is a different brand.  Not looking to buy (and store) a 5-7 year supply, only to discover that it's too salty or has a different consistency than what I am looking for.   

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, fledflew said:

I only make a handful of amazon orders each year and one or two of the MTG demi-glace 1 pound containers has always been an annual purchase for me.  They have been running about $20-25 for the one pound tubs on amazon since I started buying them over a decade ago.  I had no idea that they had an online direct store until yesterday.  I do hope that they continue to be available through amazon (or some other reseller).  I have seen demi concentrate available through a restaurant wholesaler/purveyor that I have a relationship with, but I think it comes in a 10 lb bucket and is a different brand.  Not looking to buy (and store) a 5-7 year supply, only to discover that it's too salty or has a different consistency than what I am looking for.   

Agreed.  I first tried Knorr demiglace...wow, a salt bomb.  I have no idea how anybody uses it.

• Like 3

I caved:  Glace De Viande Gold and Juss De Poulet Lie.  Subscribe and Save.  Hope I can use them up before they go bad.  There is currently an Amazon deal on the Jus De Poulet Lie, $18.36/pound.

• Like 2

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

I got my collection yesterday.

I wonder mid they will still be selling 1 lb units via Amazon.

Im set for quite a while

but I like the idea of the 1 lb unit in my freezer

ahen I run out of what I have.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rotuts said:

I got my collection yesterday.

Mine arrived in Ontario on Wednesday, the original delivery date.  That day, I got a notice that it is being held up in customs.  As of this morning, it's still there.:sad:

• Sad 2

I stopped by my local Home Goods (Marshall's or TJMax) and found they were selling Mauviel cookware. I saw both the copper and Inox.  I didn't have a micrometer with me so I couldn't tell if it was the 1.5mm, 2.0mm, or 2.5mm. They had cast iron handles and were pretty heavy.

• Like 3

I bought 3 1 lb tubs of MTG  from Amazon

three different preps.

one item was the last one.

went back yesterday. to check on delivery time

and the item that was the last one  roasted turkey stock

is unavailable.  

perhaps MTG is truly shutting down.

Ill keep these in the freezer , and they will last for some time

I hope

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ElsieD said:

My little stash.  Finally got it yesterday.

20240325_175544.jpg

Little stash?  That looks like a lifetime supply!  

I just ordered some from Amazon. Should have ordered before the classic chicken stock was gone as it's the one I use most.  I got the classic roasted chicken stock instead, though I find it less versatile. 

• Like 3

when I last looked , there was a 1 lb lamb demi-glace

I was tempted .   but went w veal.

someone did snap up the 1 lbs lamb  

now jus the smaller

More Than Gourmet Glace D'agneau Gold, Roasted Lamb Stock, 1.5 Ounce (Pack of 1) (eG-friendly Amazon.com link)

Im guessing the 1 /b tubs will keep for ' some time '

in the freezer.  if opened , Ill apply some plastic wrap over the cut surfaces

and go from there .

• Like 1

My 1 pound tubs are good until September through December of 2025.  I'll keep them in a cupboard until I have room for them in the freezer.  The little guys are good until later this year but I've already put most of them in the freezer.  @blue_dolphin is right - these will last me a very long time.

Edited by ElsieD
Fixed a typo (log)

@ElsieD

did you mean 2025 ?

Id keep everything in the refrigerator , and the i lbs in the freezer

Ill use the 1 lbs last.

I added 1/4 of the smallest size to my NoSalt roast chicken stock ( commercial stuff )

for a taste trial making the usual  Torted Stracciatella 

it was a a demi.  it took some time to dissolve ,and the added flavor was quite nice .

Edited by rotuts (log)
  • Like 1