• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Breville Paradice 9

lindag

I just watched the video on this new FP!  The capacity to dice made me swoon.

And, I love the smaller size.

Get enabled here.

Edited by lindag (log)

35 minutes ago, rotuts said:

I looked into this

as far as I can tell

its a smaller Breville food processor ?

https://www.breville.com/en-us/shop/food-processors

I think the Paradice distinction is that dicing grid that may have been what made @lindag swoon and certainly what gave it a name that every autocorrect will try to fix!

The Paradice 16 seems to be as big as the SousChef 16 so I don't think it's a size distinction alone. 

• Like 1

A phone app was pictured in the video but there didn't seem to be any mention of an app in the video itself.  Is an app needed to use the machine? 

I found this on Google:

The Breville+ app is compatible with the Breville Paradice 9 food processor and offers hundreds of free recipes, classes, and guides that have been tested and adjusted by Breville experts for the appliance. The app also provides step-by-step guidance for over 40 recipes. 

Edited by Shel_B (log)

... Shel

it seems the paradise 9 comes with one dice size :  o.5 "

https://www.breville.com/us/en/products/food-processors/bfp638.html

its $ 399.

there is the  kit

https://www.breville.com/us/en/parts-accessories/accessories/bfp009neu0zna1.html

$ 79  that fits the 9 Sous Chef :

https://www.breville.com/us/en/products/food-processors/bfp610.html?sku=BFP610BSS1BNA1

$ 349

there does not seem to be a kit for either 9 to get the two other dice sizes

you get w the Paradise 16 :

https://www.breville.com/us/en/products/food-processors/bfp838.html

dice :  5/8 " , 0.5 "  and 5;16 "

this machine , complete :  $ 699.

the 12 system does not dice.

$ 299 plain   # 349  mini bowl and attachment container.ssssssss.thumb.jpg.b405f9afa5de798b5390bc84681f6224.jpg

what I find interesting in this series is the variable slicing system

qqqq.thumb.jpg.97279dd5975b9ebbd8ed3405a339a6aa.jpg

and a very impressive motor :  30 year warranty.

however , when was the last time you diced anything ?

that may be important in your daily use , or not.

P.S.:the Paradise system is not sold @ Amazon , and not discounter anywhere I could easily find.

the Paradox 9 does have a pretty nifty on board store system.

the App seems to be Rx's    w some color coding for the blades you use

for those Rx 's.

Edited by rotuts (log)
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, ElsieD said:

I have the Sous Chef 16, not the Paradice 16.  

They have a dicing set of three that fits your unit.  Just sayin'.  (enabling)

here.

Edited by lindag (log)

1 hour ago, lindag said:

They have a dicing set of three that fits your unit.  Just sayin'.  (enabling)

here.

Nice try.  Thank you but I see it's $180 in Canada plus you have to buy something called a compatability kit.  I'll just let John continue to do the chopping, a job I dislike doing.  The Vidalia chopper looks interesting plus it's more in line with what I might spend.   Does anyone on this thread other than @Shel_B have one?

49 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

Thank you but I see it's $180 in Canada plus you have to buy something called a compatability kit. 

Link to CDN source?

p

58 minutes ago, palo said:

@ElsieD Thanks for the link, btw the "compatibility kit is the Breville Dicing & Peeling Compatibility Kit

https://www.breville.com/ca/en/parts-accessories/accessories/bfp0060nuc1.html?sku=BFP0060NUC1

@ $250!!!

Better to start all over - the add-on to Sous Chef 16 = $430

New Paradice 9 = $519

p

Gasp!

After a little more investigating the Dicing and Peeling kit does have the ability to do a 12mm dice, the dicing kit ($180) adds 8mm and 16mm capability.

p

• Like 1

Not something that interests me but I'm always impressed with Breville engineering. Price is relative. I mean there are people who will spend as much money on a chef's knife that I'm sure will do as good a job. Probably slower but easier to clean.

• Like 2

It's almost never bad to feed someone.

On 6/17/2024 at 9:06 AM, ElsieD said:

Nice try.  Thank you but I see it's $180 in Canada plus you have to buy something called a compatability kit.  I'll just let John continue to do the chopping, a job I dislike doing.  The Vidalia chopper looks interesting plus it's more in line with what I might spend.   Does anyone on this thread other than @Shel_B have one?

I have two: one for the house, and one for the Princessmobile. Whereas I leaned toward hand-slicing and dicing, my darling preferred the security of having the diced product contained, even though it meant cutting things into smaller bits first. He didn't think he had the knife skills for dicing.

Elaboration: Our alligator chopper, an original Vidalia chopping wizard, has too small a chopping area to allow an entire onion at once. I usually cut onions into quarters or eighths, depending on onion size, before proceeding. The potatoes require slicing before being pushed through the grid, but (a) an entire potato slice, if done latitudinally, will fit the grid area. (b) Furthermore -- and this was a surprise when we tested -- the potatoes cleaned the onion fibers from the chopping grid. The procedure became: chop onions first, and make more than needed for the night's recipe. Then chop the potatoes. Cleanup was much easier.

Edited by Smithy
Formatting (added the "(b)") (log)
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown