• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Gotten any fun stuff lately?

Kim Shook

1 hour ago, Maison Rustique said:

I had reward points to use, so got a Presto Salad Shooter. It arrived yesterday, but haven't used it yet. I can't wait to shred some cheese without aggravating my joints.

It works really well.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Maison Rustique said:

I had reward points to use, so got a Presto Salad Shooter. 

Now you need the companion Jerky Shooter.  While you're at it, order a 2-gun Western rig from El Paso Saddlery and you're all set.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Maison Rustique said:

I had reward points to use, so got a Presto Salad Shooter. It arrived yesterday, but haven't used it yet. I can't wait to shred some cheese without aggravating my joints.

I bought myself a Geedel rotary grater, it suctions onto the counter top and has been a life saver for my poor wrists. I also have a Vidalia chop wizard. Between those two items, I have been able to stop avoiding recipes that involve a lot of chopping or grating. I don't know how to do a "friendly Amazon link" but I recently got a couple of little silicone grid contraptions that fit onto the grid of my Vidalia chopper. They make clean-up even easier.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MaryIsobel said:

I bought myself a Geedel rotary grater, it suctions onto the counter top and has been a life saver for my poor wrists. I also have a Vidalia chop wizard. Between those two items, I have been able to stop avoiding recipes that involve a lot of chopping or grating. I don't know how to do a "friendly Amazon link" but I recently got a couple of little silicone grid contraptions that fit onto the grid of my Vidalia chopper. They make clean-up even easier.

Unless I got rid of it, I have a chopper thing that looks like that, though may be a different brand. I've never used it and have had it for probably at least 10 years. I'll look around to see if it still lives here.

Deb

Liberty, MO

On 1/19/2024 at 11:23 AM, MaryIsobel said:

VIDALIA CHOP WIZARD EZ Cleaning Lift Tab - Two Pack (eG-friendly Amazon.com link)

Helping out here, a bit. Incidentally, there's a help article on inserting links -- including Amazon links -- here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

22 hours ago, Maison Rustique said:

Unless I got rid of it, I have a chopper thing that looks like that, though may be a different brand. I've never used it and have had it for probably at least 10 years. I'll look around to see if it still lives here.

We have one at home and one in the Princessmobile. I rarely use it, but my darling uses it all the time for chopping onions as well as potatoes. A couple of years ago we figured out that if he diced onions, then potatoes, for his beloved hash that the potatoes essentially cleaned the grids. In both vegetable cases you have to slice the vegetable into rounds first (with a knife) but he finds it quite quick and convenient.

• Like 3

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Laurentius said:

Now I want one for the shower...

I have a shower mat arriving today to put under the new refrigerator.  The refrigerator door gets stuck on the bedroom rug.  But be careful.  When I've done cooking in the bathroom it trips the circuit breaker.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

What a fun packed life I live! Today I bought a new  wok brush.

wokbrush2.thumb.jpg.4ba32ba6d39dc2f9c3b595a076a2eb44.jpg

The Present

Its handle is a different shape from the ones I've being buying for decades! I'd better go lie down before I  get over-excited.

ea6bf716-e275-4bda-b1b2-3c6e5f3fd236.thumb.jpg.78b4f9aaf53d8bf1da02dd4709df2184.thumb.jpg.74d2bcfd373f539a1010a43e3181f835.jpg

The Past

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto