• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Stuff we use to rim or garnish cocktails

sand castle213

I've used garnished rim salts but not necessary that brand. although the ones I used where from a cocktail garnish company that mainly did dehydrated fruit as garnish but they had a specialty section where on occasions would come out with rim salts. the ones I bought was jalapeño lime and blueberry sugar rim. both were good but I was impressed more by the lime one. I think I might just go to my local spice store and look for that dried lime bag of yours

Edited by Smithy
Adjusted title (log)

I confess that I can't be bothered with rim salt. I just put a little grind of Murray River Pink Salt on the top after pouring and garnishing

... ok, after pouring since I often can't be bothered garnishing, either 🙂

• Like 1

It's almost never bad to feed someone.

On 11/7/2023 at 11:04 PM, sand castle213 said:

I've used garnished rim salts but not necessary that brand. although the ones I used where from a cocktail garnish company that mainly did dehydrated fruit as garnish but they had a specialty section where on occasions would come out with rim salts. the ones I bought was jalapeño lime and blueberry sugar rim. both were good but I was impressed more by the lime one. I think I might just go to my local spice store and look for that dried lime bag of yours

Try Tajin.  It's not only a great salt rim, but sprinkle on cut up jicama and cukes. And to spice up any meal.   It's quite addictive!

tajin.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/12/2023 at 12:59 AM, gulfporter said:

Try Tajin.  It's not only a great salt rim, but sprinkle on cut up jicama and cukes. And to spice up any meal.   It's quite addictive!

tajin.jpg

Can i ask a question about it? A friend recommended me to see this https://uktopwriters.com/review-oxessays/ OxEssays review as I was struggling with a short time frame for my dissertation. I was amazed at how many UK writers were available, and that I was able to choose someone who had a PhD. The work I received was of the highest quality, and the prompt delivery saved me a lot of stress. I would definitely rate this company 5 stars for their outstanding service!

Thanks for the advice, I will try it. :)

Edit: Thanks for the suggestion, I tried it and it is so yummy.

Edited by PamelaWilliams (log)