• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sign in to follow this  
heidih

Various Basic Trinities

I thought I was composing a brilliant document early this morning (9am Los Angeles) when my nose told me something was up. Stepmother (there must be a DSM-5 diagnosis for her) was sauteeing onion. followed by cabbage. It drew me into the pit of various "Holy Trinities".  Mirapoix and similar. Serious Eats did a decent piece in 2014. As I get older I am appreciating the more subtle tastes of things (example zucchini) without background noise.  Your thoughts?

https://www.seriouseats.com/2014/05/all-about-mirepoix.html

For what it's worth, Rozanne Gold has written a series of 3-ingredient cookbooks.

~Martin :)

I try to find the good food in every situation!

Unsupervised, rebellious, radical agrarian experimenter, minimalist penny-pincher, self-reliant homesteader, and adventurous cook. Crotchety, cantankerous, terse, curmudgeon, non-conformist, and contrarian who questions everything!

The best thing about a vegetable garden is all the meat you can hunt and trap out of it!

8 hours ago, jmacnaughtan said:

The main trinity here is bread, cheese and wine :D

My childhood bestie says that is why she decamped to France and became French.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, jmacnaughtan said:

The main trinity here is bread, cheese and wine :D

I'm good with that.

I guess mine is charcuterie, cheese, wine.

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

Sign in to follow this