• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chocolate & Confections Packaging 2020 & beyond

I know there's packaging info all over in this forum, but so much of it has become dated. In the Facebook eG Chocolate page I asked who everyone is currently using, and I'm sharing it here for easier reference.

Glerup Revere 

Nashville Wraps

Box and Wrap

Professional Image

Duerr Packaging

ASpecialtyBox

BRP Boxes

Chocolat Chocolat

Unger Imports

Modpac

Graphic West

ZoolyUtah Packaging

Emenac

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
17 minutes ago, JeanneCake said:

There's a FB eG Chocolate page?!

It started years ago mainly for planning our workshops. It has taken on a life of its own. You are welcome to check it out. eGullet Chocolate & Confection Workshop on FB.

• Like 2

Ruth Kendrick

Chocolot
Artisan Chocolates and Toffees
www.chocolot.com

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What are people using for a wrap for bars. I’m new to this, and the one business I know that does bean to bar wraps in plastic sleeves, which I don’t want to do. I see foil wraps, and various paper lined wraps. I’m looking at Alufoil foil on 15# tissue. Is this a normal inner wrap for bars?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2020 at 10:39 PM, Douglas K said:

What are people using for a wrap for bars. I’m new to this, and the one business I know that does bean to bar wraps in plastic sleeves, which I don’t want to do. I see foil wraps, and various paper lined wraps. I’m looking at Alufoil foil on 15# tissue. Is this a normal inner wrap for bars?

I started using plastic sleeves but they were so clunky and looked poorly wrapped. I recently started using foil and a printed overwrap.  I'm unfamiliar with Alufoil.  Sorry I couldn't be more help. 

Peace, 

Chuck

"If life gives you limes, make margaritas" - J. Buffett

@Chuck Avalon I guess I am going to find out since I just bought a lifetime’s worth (for me) of paper lined foil from Alufoil. I do appreciate you confirming that the plastic sleeves just aren’t right. To my mind they just don’t give the impression of a quality product. I am not a pro, and won’t ever be one (unless it’s on a hobby basis out of Puerto Rico) so the margins aren’t an issue. It’s more how what I make looks. 

What other suppliers are there out there for foil for bars?

1 hour ago, Douglas K said:

What other suppliers are there out there for foil for bars?

glerup revere has paper backed foil that is sturdy and confectioners foil that is thinner (no paper side)