• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

TdeV

Cookbooks for the Instant Pot

For my new IP, I have

Janet Zimmerman's Instant Pot Obsession  @JAZ

Laura Pazzaglia's Hip Pressure Cooking @pazzaglia

Other recommendations?

• Like 1

Melissa Clark has 2 that are worth a look.  See if your library has them so you can see what you think.  The Kindle versions of both have been available at bargain prices.

Dinner in an Instant: 75 Modern Recipes for Your Pressure Cooker, Multicooker, and Instant Pot® : A Cookbook

Comfort in an Instant: 75 Comfort Food Recipes for Your Pressure Cooker, Multicooker, and Instant Pot®: A Cookbook

If enjoy Indian cuisine, you might consider Indian Instant Pot® Cookbook: Traditional Indian Dishes Made Easy and Fast by Urvashi Pitre.  Indian friends taught me how to cook their recipes and all of them regularly used a pressure cooker so it's a natural fit.  You can check out her website to see if you like her style 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've come across this:

https://www.motherjones.com/food/2018/12/the-best-cookbooks-and-instant-pot-guides-melissa-clark-superiority-burger/

which lists Melissa Clark, of course.

Also

Essential Indian Instant Pot, by Archana Mundhe

Power Plates: 100 Nutritionally Balanced, One-Dish Vegan Meals, by Gena Hamshaw

Solo: A Modern Cookbook for a Party of One, by Anita Lo

Superiority Burger Cookbook: The Vegetarian Hamburger Is Now Delicious, by Brooks Headley

A Burger to Believe In, by Chris Kronner

Have any experience with these books?

I borrowed Solo from the library. It has some good ideas but wasn’t a must have for me. I've got a ton of cookbooks and have been encouraged by other eG members to figure out how to scale recipes to suit.  I can’t say I remember it being Instant Pot centric in any way.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, blue_dolphin said:

I borrowed Solo from the library. It has some good ideas but wasn’t a must have for me. I've got a ton of cookbooks and have been encouraged by other eG members to figure out how to scale recipes to suit.  I can’t say I remember it being Instant Pot centric in any way.

Solo is not an IP cookbook. That said, I've enjoyed using it on the nights I'm cooking for one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MelissaH

Oswego, NY

Chemist, writer, hired gun

Say this five times fast: "A big blue bucket of blue blueberries."

foodblog1 | kitchen reno | foodblog2

20 hours ago, blue_dolphin said:

Solo was a huge disappointment for me. Perhaps it was overhyped. Perhaps I was expecting more because I am a great admirer of Anita Lo. It just didn’t do it for me. 

• Like 2

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

iPot cookbooks seems to be multiplying like , well you know.

I have Hip , 

The Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook: Easy Recipes for Fast & Healthy Meals 

Indian Instant Pot® Cookbook: Traditional Indian Dishes Made Easy and Fast

The Essential Indian Instant Pot Cookbook: Authentic Flavors and Modern Recipes for Your Electric Pressure Cooker 

Vegetarian Indian Cooking with Your Instant Pot: 75 Traditional Recipes That Are Easier, Quicker and Healthier

I stopped there.  my library system as a huge number of them

and there are now probably iPot books for every cuisine.

this mexican one Ive had out from the library a few times :

The Essential Mexican Instant Pot Cookbook: Authentic Flavors and Modern Recipes for Your Electric Pressure Cooker

Edited by Smithy Adjusted Amazon links to be eG-friendly (log)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I now have both Melissa Clark books mentioned above by @blue_dolphin: 75 Modern Recipes for the IP and 75 Comfort Recipes for the IP, both of which I find quite useful.

Also Instant Pot Fast and Easy : 100 Simple and Delicious Recipes for Your Instant Pot by Urvashi Pitre is a "convenient" simplification of international recipes (India, Korea, Japan, Taiwan, China, Jamaica, Mexico, etc.) which illustrate uses of the Instant Pot. Originally I got it from the library but liked it so much, I now have a copy. 😀

• Like 1