• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Trader Joe's Products (2017–)

Kerry Beal

23 minutes ago, Katie Meadow said:

Next up I'm going to try McConnell's Turkish Coffee.

McConnell's make my favorite ice creams.  At the little bodega down the block, they're $11/pint. Expensive? Sure. Worth it? Absolutely.

• Like 1

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

On 7/14/2024 at 2:49 PM, blue_dolphin said:

Next up I'm going to try McConnell's Turkish Coffee. Has anyone compared the two? Of course that will cost about  4 x as much.

I popped into Whole Foods this morning in hopes of snagging some of the McConnell's Turkish Coffee but alas, all they had was their regular coffee ice cream.  I bought a pint but haven't tried it.  Of course, my TJ's coffee bean blast is no gone so I’ll have to make another trip there. 

I checked the menu at the McConnell's scoop shop in Ventura and they don't list the Turkish coffee either but have a "limited release" Brazilian coffee ice cream listed. They also have a 4 new flavors made with See's chocolate candies: McConnell’s and See’s Are a Match Made in Sweet Tooth Heaven that are on offer for the month of July so maybe I should get over there.  

Edited by blue_dolphin (log)