• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lunch! What'd ya have? (2017)

blue_dolphin

Lunch at a market near my lodging. Since I know very little about Korean cuisine almost everything looks and tastes good to me. Ate some typical Korean dishes such as sweet potato noodles, fish paste on skewers, rice rolls and braised rice cakes.

ZFrlxUd.jpg

OEVLJaB.jpg

590cnRH.jpg

QlImUsl.jpg

The stall where I ate:

Sc0eQaK.jpg

U9FOnDf.jpg

opZoug8.jpg

Enjoying myself immensely here in Busan. If you'd asked me 5 days ago "what's your favourite country in Asia", I would have told you "Japan". Now I am not so sure anymore!

• Like 9

A0A5584A-6EEE-45F3-88DE-DAB5DB1D9230.thumb.jpeg.f667e243c02ace0c46992a7a45f058ae.jpeg

Kimchee and cheddar omelet with a gochujang drizzle. (I don’t know why it works but it does :D). 

• Like 8

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Today's lunch will be a braunschweiger sandwich but right now I'm enjoying a Saturday morning Bloody Mary.

I've looked high and low for liverwurst but there doesn't seem to be any in these parts...next best choice was the braunschweiger...I confess I don't know the difference.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lindag said:

Today's lunch will be a braunschweiger sandwich but right now I'm enjoying a Saturday morning Bloody Mary.

I've looked high and low for liverwurst but there doesn't seem to be any in these parts...next best choice was the braunschweiger...I confess I don't know the difference.

I think at least in the US context, Braunschweiger refers to a smoked liver sausage (with possible cured meat added), while Leberwurst is plain. In Germany, Braunschweiger is a completely different product - a raw, soft, sometimes spreadable, smoked and cured pork sausage ("Mettwurst"), similar to my favorite Mett, just with lots of nitrates ;)

• Like 1

On 12/27/2017 at 12:25 PM, caroled said:

Captain... that is a divine looking spread. When you say small, I wonder how many you served?  And pray tell, what is that fine looking leg of pork? on the board with all the meats? 

Thank you,  Only five of us for lunch this year. I always over do it and that pork leg was pickled then I hot smoked it.

• Like 1