• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

I need a chocolatier mentor or coach

eglies

Hello there everyone! I am a new chocolatier and I am looking for someone who has some time to dedicate helping me set up my new business. I have questions mostly on recipes and equipment. Is anyone available?

Thank you

Egli

There is such a wealth of knowledge here in the various threads and topics!  Have you gone through some of the ones you are most interested in, as far as type of recipes?  I'm not a chocolatier, yet I learn something every time I read a thread; people are very generous here with their time and knowledge.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kerry Beal said:

There is a pastry and baking index put together by @gfron1 a few years back. It should lead you to a lot of very helpful topics. Here

Wow! I did not know this existed.  Going down the rabbit hole......I may never come up.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, gfron1 said:

I always wish it had been kept up. It was exhaustive when it was complete

It was a thing of beauty! You put a ton of work into those indexes.

• Like 3

At JeanneCake, I spend all my free time reading all these threads but it is also exhausting because I read a lot of things that dont interest me and when you want answers to specific questions its difficult. I really need someone who I can send questions to and who can answer them and help me on the next topic. gfron1 has been amazing with all the questions but I know its also that time of the year that everyone is so busy. If you know of anyone available who can help me out I would really appreciate it! Thank you all

I am one of those too involved in holiday production right now to be able to answer your questions in the way you seem to desire, but I do have a suggestion:  You might say whether you are looking for a paid mentor or not. If not, then I would just post my questions one after another; you will almost certainly get answers (it helps if you first look for a topic that is relevant and add your post to that thread). If you are willing to pay, you will probably get some responses as well and wouldn't have to submit post after post to the forum--you could just email back and forth with the mentor and get more individualized attention. I have thought of going the paying route myself to improve my caramel-making skills but have not gotten around to it.

And @eglies now that my daytime restaurant is closed, and I'm two months til my next...DM me any questions you want and I'll see what I can do. I totally understand your need. My questions are very specific to my set up, my desired outcomes, my target market, etc, and these threads, while they contain every possible answer, are really hard to sort through at times.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, gfron1 said:

And @eglies now that my daytime restaurant is closed, and I'm two months til my next...DM me any questions you want and I'll see what I can do. I totally understand your need. My questions are very specific to my set up, my desired outcomes, my target market, etc, and these threads, while they contain every possible answer, are really hard to sort through at times.

I’m happy to help as well via PM - while @gfron1 can field business questions better than I, technical Chocolate questions I am good with. PMing us both in copy will likely get answers.

• Like 4