• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Crazy Good e-Book Bargains

Toliver

The Kindle version of Diana Henry's Roast Figs, Sugar Snow: Food to warm the soul (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) is currently on sale for $0.99 on Amazon in the US, Canada and the UK. 

This is the 20th anniversary update of the original and contains some new recipes. 

Edited to add:  Same price on Apple Books

Edited by blue_dolphin (log)
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

Several Kindle cookbook deals crossed my email and consciousness this morning.

Silver Palate Good Times Cookbook (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) for $3.99 (Lukins, Ross and a host of other authors)

Something Warm from the Oven: Baking Memories, Making Memories (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) by Eileen Gouge, $3.99

Preserving Italy: Canning, Curing, Infusing, and Bottling Italian Flavors and Traditions (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) by Domenica Marchetti, $2.99

The Great Book of French Cuisine (eG-friendly Amazon.com link), Henri-Paul Pellaprat (with intro by Jeremiah Tower), $3.99.

• Like 2

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

• Like 2

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

And the hits keep coming! I know that C. Kimball and Milk Street triggers strong reactions amongst some of our membership, but at $1.99 this one looks good enough for me to take a flyer on it.

Milk Street Vegetables: 250 Bold, Simple Recipes for Every Season Kindle Edition (eG-friendly Amazon.com link)  $1.99

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Smithy said:

And the hits keep coming! I know that C. Kimball and Milk Street triggers strong reactions amongst some of our membership, but at $1.99 this one looks good enough for me to take a flyer on it.

Milk Street Vegetables: 250 Bold, Simple Recipes for Every Season Kindle Edition (eG-friendly Amazon.com link)  $1.99

You devilish enabler, you.  I can scarcely believe I'm considering this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Like 3

Jeepers, creepers. While I was buying the Pepin cookbook, this popped up:

The Puglian Cookbook: Bringing the Flavors of Puglia Home Kindle Edition (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) by Viktorija Todoroskva, also $2.99.

That led me to another of her books:

The Sardinian Cookbook: The Cooking and Culture of a Mediterranean Island Kindle Edition (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) $2.99

I'm going to stop now.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The Kindle edition of Jacques Pépin's Heart and Soul in the Kitchen is available today for $1.99 from both Amazon.ca and Amazon.com

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Kindle version of Fruitful: Sweet and Savoury Fruit Recipes Inspired by Farms, Orchards and Gardens (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) by Sarah Johnson is $1.99.  This is a new book, published in April 2024 and marked as a limited time deal. 

The Kindle version of Poilâne: The Secrets of the World-Famous Bread Bakery (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) by Apollonia Poilâne is $3.99 

The Kindle version of Flavors of the Sun: The Sahadi’s Guide to Understanding, Buying, and Using Middle Eastern Ingredients (eG-friendly Amazon.com link)by Christine Sahadi Whelan is $2.99

Buttermilk Graffiti: A Chef's Journey to Discover America's New Melting-Pot Cuisine (eG-friendly Amazon.com link)by Edward Lee is more of a memoir with recipes than a straight-up cookbook but it's a great read.  $3.99 

Speaking of great reads, The Kindle version of Laurie Colwin's More Home Cooking: A Writer Returns to the Kitchen (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) is $2.99

All prices are on both Amazon.com and Amazon.ca

Edited by blue_dolphin
Typo (log)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, blue_dolphin said:

The Kindle version of Fruitful: Sweet and Savoury Fruit Recipes Inspired by Farms, Orchards and Gardens (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) by Sarah Johnson is $1.99.  This is a new book, published in April 2024 and marked as a limited time deal. 

The Kindle version of Poilâne: The Secrets of the World-Famous Bread Bakery (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) by Apollonia Poilâne is $3.99 

The Kindle version of Flavors of the Sun: The Sahadi’s Guide to Understanding, Buying, and Using Middle Eastern Ingredients (eG-friendly Amazon.com link)by Christine Sahadi Whelan is $2.99

Buttermilk Graffiti: A Chef's Journey to Discover America's New Melting-Pot Cuisine (eG-friendly Amazon.com link)by Edward Lee is more of a memoir with recipes than a straight-up cookbook but it's a great read.  $3.99 

Speaking of great reads, The Kindle version of Laurie Colwin's More Home Cooking: A Writer Returns to the Kitchen (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) is $2.99

All prices are on both Amazon.com and Amazon.ca

Thanks!  I read Poilane when it first came out, but now I have a Kindle copy.

• Like 1

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Bean lovers might be interested in Heirloom Beans by Steve Sando and Vanessa Barrington.  Currently on sale for $1.99 on Amazon.  Sorry, I couldn't get the link to work.

13 hours ago, ElsieD said:

Bean lovers might be interested in Heirloom Beans by Steve Sando and Vanessa Barrington.  Currently on sale for $1.99 on Amazon.  Sorry, I couldn't get the link to work.

Helping out here: Heirloom Beans, by Steve Sando and Vanessa Barrington (eG-friendly Amazon.com link), $1.99.

Thanks for this notification. It reminded me that I actually bought this book, in Kindle version, in 2018! Must dust off the electrons and give it a try.

• Like 1