Jump to content
  • Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

JoNorvelleWalker

Cuisinart Combo Steam/Convection Oven (Part 3)

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, weinoo said:

I'm lighting a yahrzeit candle. But I don't want to jump the gun; I may just keep using her until something bad happens (does anyone think something bad will happen?).

 

 

If things start to sound worse, I'd recommend covering all bases and lighting a candle to St. Jude as well.  Patron of hopeless cases and impossible causes.  

My local grocery store carries St. Jude in 2 sizes, several colors, scented and unscented :D

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, weinoo said:

I'm lighting a yahrzeit candle. But I don't want to jump the gun; I may just keep using her until something bad happens (does anyone think something bad will happen?).

 

Just keep a n extinguisher handy.:ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After reaading this thread I found a used CSO on eBay at a good price.

 

I have a question for CSO owners.

Does your CSO have a fan noise in convection mode lowder than the other modes?

My CSO is just as quiet in convection as it is in bake.

 

Tonight I made a roast chicken.  I cooked it Steam Bake with Victoria Taylor Tuscon chicken spice mix and a lemon.  It was one of if not the best roast chicken I have ever made.  Next time I put all the spices under the skin to avoid the burned spices on top.   Otherwise the chicken was perfect.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I have never noticed suggesting that it can’t be particularly noisy. Not that I use convection bake very often. Perhaps later today I will test it just out of curiosity.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Edward Dekker said:

I have a question for CSO owners.

Does your CSO have a fan noise in convection mode lowder than the other modes?

My CSO is just as quiet in convection as it is in bake.

 

I hear a very low hum on all functions.

I can hear the fan on convection bake, just a bit louder than the hum.

With all of the steam functions, I can hear very low "bubble, hiss, steam" noises once it starts heating up and periodically throughout the cycle.

 

I also checked my new "reserve" CSO and it's much quieter.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine, which is  coming up soon on two years old*, is a lot noisier than it used to be , especially on convection.

 

*I love how Amazon can tell me my purchase dates.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally sprung for one. It arrived today, and there was a huge dent in the side of it. Sigh, back in the box.

  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really want a back up CSO.  I love it so much that I can't imagine not having one.  

 

Williams Sonoma has them for $299 with 20% off and I have a $50 off certificate to use.  Oh and free shipping. I don't think I'll find one cheaper than that during Amazons sale do you guys?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Shelby said:

I really want a back up CSO.  I love it so much that I can't imagine not having one.  

 

Williams Sonoma has them for $299 with 20% off and I have a $50 off certificate to use.  Oh and free shipping. I don't think I'll find one cheaper than that during Amazons sale do you guys?

 

That sounds like a pretty good price. What is their return policy? It's a backup so you can leave it in the box and if there's a better price in the next few weeks, you can perhaps return it and buy the lower-priced one.  

 

Or get a backup for your backup, hahahaha    😄


Edited by FauxPas (log)
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FauxPas said:

 

That sounds like a pretty good price. What is their return policy? It's a backup so you can leave it in the box and if there's a better price in the next few weeks, you can perhaps return it and buy the lower-priced one.  

 

Or get a backup for your backup, hahahaha    😄

 

I think it's a good price, too.  Total of $210.36.  I think I'm going to pull the trigger.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought a backup unit when Best Buy Canada had them on sale a couple of months back. I might start using the new one and keep the old one as a backup. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FauxPas said:

I bought a backup unit when Best Buy Canada had them on sale a couple of months back. I might start using the new one and keep the old one as a backup. 

I might give Ronnie the Breville for the garage and have two CSO's on my counter :ph34r:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Shelby

 

I deeply understand what you are saying

 

the CSO(B) is noir something you want to breakdown 

 

as you would get  another no matter what.

 

That's what I did for CSO(B)2

 

as far as I can tell . the cheapest new fresh unit coms from Costco for

 

249 or so , delivered

 

Im not a member so I can not check.

 

at WS w/o the coupon it might be $ 240 delivered

 

that's a decent price

 

if you have a usable $ 5O off for this

 

then great.  call them and check on that coupon.

 

that, if it works is a real deal

 

then again , you can not get $ 50 off something else at WS

 

Id personally guess  there really istnt 50 worth of stuff

 

confined to SW that is really worth $ 50

 

so get the CSO(B) spare,

 

after all

 

you have , what 4 - 8 iPots and run them sat the same time ?

 

money-mouth.gif.0abe73fd7a72bba7384e016d2be735bf.gif

 

imagine running two CSO as the same time w 3 iPots ?

 

hope you have a good friend that does Amps and Watts and can

 

figure out you electrical system

 

but Id go for it.

 

if you are waiting for a Prime Day  189 CSO

 

I can't imagine this happening as there seem to be that that many of them..

 

if you get the WS one at that fine price

 

and Prime day shows up at 189 or 179

 

get a CSO for the future

 

Im not a prime member

 

but if one shows up for 189 or 179

 

Id do some shake and bake to have a thrid

 

again

 

maybe the Crew from Anova is back from Bora-Bora and will

 

introduce the long Promised Avova oven for 2oo !

 

C*R*a*P

 

4 would not really break the bank

 

a bit less M.R. every day  ?

 

done

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

???

 

Total of $210.36

 

299 - 20 % = 240

 

240 - 50 = 190.

 

call and check   

 

SW has all sorts of coupons 

 

if it says ' certificate ' or the like it can be used as cash

 

call and check

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, rotuts said:

@Shelby

 

I deeply understand what you are saying

 

the CSO(B) is noir something you want to breakdown 

 

as you would get  another no matter what.

 

That's what I did for CSO(B)2

 

as far as I can tell . the cheapest new fresh unit coms from Costco for

 

249 or so , delivered

 

Im not a member so I can not check.

 

at WS w/o the coupon it might be $ 240 delivered

 

that's a decent price

 

if you have a usable $ 5O off for this

 

then great.  call them and check on that coupon.

 

that, if it works is a real deal

 

then again , you can not get $ 50 off something else at WS

 

Id personally guess  there really istnt 50 worth of stuff

 

confined to SW that is really worth $ 50

 

so get the CSO(B) spare,

 

after all

 

you have , what 4 - 8 iPots and run them sat the same time ?

 

money-mouth.gif.0abe73fd7a72bba7384e016d2be735bf.gif

 

imagine running two CSO as the same time w 3 iPots ?

 

hope you have a good friend that does Amps and Watts and can

 

figure out you electrical system

 

but Id go for it.

 

if you are waiting for a Prime Day  189 CSO

 

I can't imagine this happening as there seem to be that that many of them..

 

if you get the WS one at that fine price

 

and Prime day shows up at 189 or 179

 

get a CSO for the future

 

Im not a prime member

 

but if one shows up for 189 or 179

 

Id do some shake and bake to have a thrid

 

again

 

maybe the Crew from Anova is back from Bora-Bora and will

 

introduce the long Promised Avova oven for 2oo !

 

C*R*a*P

 

4 would not really break the bank

 

a bit less M.R. every day  ?

 

done

 

 

The order went through for the $210 and I have a confirmation.  I'm a happy girl :) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW

 

MC like sitting on the newer on 

 

so I have not used it

 

brilliant idea to use the # 2 now

 

and keep # 1 as a back up

 

money-mouth.gif.6dad42c64f5856211027564cd1525210.gif

 

I then might have to look into # 3

 

at 200 or less.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rotuts said:

???

 

Total of $210.36

 

299 - 20 % = 240

 

240 - 50 = 190.

 

call and check   

 

SW has all sorts of coupons 

 

if it says ' certificate ' or the like it can be used as cash

 

call and check

I forgot the tax in my figuring.  It was $20.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, rotuts said:

MC like sitting on the newer on 

 

so I have not used it

 

Your kitty would like that box just as much (and maybe more!) if it were empty.  😉

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I checked and see the US Costco price is $249.99, shipping included. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FauxPas said:

I checked and see the US Costco price is $249.99, shipping included. 

Thank you!

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woe , so much Woe  ANOVA

 

precision-ovenjpg@2x.thumb.png.105c15f8e99a898c63551e89210471de.png

 

and

 

https://vimeo.com/188175634

 

 

how much Skinny needs to be dipped @BoraBora ?

 

to be fair

 

Id do the same if I have a few Million Bazilliomns 

any mosquitos there ?  Ticks ?

 

just checking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@rotuts

 

is that "woe" that it isn't or "wow" that is, finally coming out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Shelby said:

The order went through for the $210 and I have a confirmation.  I'm a happy girl :) 

Just got a notice that it has already shipped.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally pushed the button! Placed my order this morning through Amazon Prime at $256.87 and it is scheduled for delivery on Wednesday.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×