• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chocdoc - Noshing in NYC

55 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

068808B8-E175-4881-B7E1-BE630943B287.thumb.jpeg.89e3e188ae362eebdbc24a8bf7ce3f7a.jpeg

I'm looking at those pastries and remembering pictures of the pastries I've seen that he made (assuming that's alleguede) and thinking "if they only knew, they wouldn't have sent that to him".  

• Like 5

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

6 minutes ago, Tri2Cook said:

I'm looking at those pastries and remembering pictures of the pastries I've seen that he made (assuming that's alleguede) and thinking "if they only knew, they wouldn't have sent that to him".  

So true - they were still there when we left!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, gfweb said:

So, @Kerry Beal , what was that stuff on your plate on the plane? 

Cheese, right?

Your guess is as good as mine - something sauce like maybe cream cheese/sour cream like?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Last night walking home we came upon a crowd awaiting the egress of Bruce Springsteen from a building. I asked a fellow what was happening and when he mentioned Springsteen I said ‘he’s an American right?’ - he told me a very important American - I said ‘he was born here right?’  Buddy was not amused!

3006BD56-5A13-428E-9830-D0E578E8E406.thumb.jpeg.27097d7236243ba88ce0caa1ff210f43.jpeg

• Haha 5

I will take the Humboldt Fog Brûlée, please.  And I would not kick the ham-skirted Barbie across the room either. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

19 minutes ago, rotuts said:

Well

perhaps the Heat

or not

I missed it

Usually my interpretation skills work out - but you've lost me today!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Anna N said:

I will take the Humboldt Fog Brûlée, please.  And I would not kick the ham-skirted Barbie across the room either. 

Brûlée cheese!  That will be my next project.  Cut goat cheese log into coins, sprinkle with sugar, brûlée.

• Like 5

Just now, chefmd said:

Brûlée cheese!  That will be my next project.  Cut goat cheese log into coins, sprinkle with sugar, brûlée.

Exactly what I was thinking that Anna and I have to do when we are up north!

• Like 2

Just now, rotuts said:

OK

I have no idea what your post about B.S. 

was about.

:/

Ah - I was pretending I was a dumb Canadian who didn't know who Springsteen was - then alluding to his best know song Born in the USA. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, rotuts said:

its the heat then.

actually ,

in N.J.

Indeed - someone then told me exactly where he was born, where he lives now, how many kids he has!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

Ah - I was pretending I was a dumb Canadian who didn't know who Springsteen was - then alluding to his best know song Born in the USA. 

It's fun trolling fans.

I've often played dumb when someone mentions Led Zepplin, then brightened as if hearing an inaudible penny drop and exclaimed, "Oh wait, they do the Popeye song, right?"

This usually gets a blank look and a "Popeye song? What Popeye song?"

To which I respond, in my best Popeye voice, "Olive my love/Olive my love..." :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

9 minutes ago, curls said:

That prosciutto dress is amusing and quite odd.

But it’s so much easier to execute than Shrimp on the Barbie. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

41 minutes ago, curls said:

That prosciutto dress is amusing and quite odd. Based on all that you saw, what do you expect to be the new hot items for the year?

You never know 

45 minutes ago, curls said:

That prosciutto dress is amusing and quite odd. Based on all that you saw, what do you expect to be the new hot items for the year?

35 minutes ago, Anna N said:

But it’s so much easier to execute than Shrimp on the Barbie. 

Perfect delivery @Anna N:laugh:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1