• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Reviewing NYC Pizza

cru

9 minutes ago, &roid said:

I’m coming back to NYC in a few weeks, for the first time since pre-covid. Any can’t miss pizza places fellow gulleters would recommend?

Any style you're looking for?  Different places specialize in different stuff - the standard NY slice, Grandma style, neo-Neapolitan, etc.  Also, what neighborhoods do you think you'll be in?

• Like 2

We’ll be staying in soho but will be in most places south of the park during our stay. 

I love Neapolitan and New York style pizzas so if there are any truly great options there I’d be delighted. Also any great Detroit style options we should look at for a bit of variety?

3 hours ago, &roid said:

We’ll be staying in soho but will be in most places south of the park during our stay. 

I love Neapolitan and New York style pizzas so if there are any truly great options there I’d be delighted. Also any great Detroit style options we should look at for a bit of variety?

Get to L'Industrie.   Scarr's on Orchard St. As for Joe's pizza, I actually prefer the original Joe's, on Carmine and Bleecker, as opposed to the new outpost on 14th, but that's just me.

Emmy Squared will be Detroit-style.

There's a lot of Neapolitan, as well as neo-Neapolitan.  From UPN, to Don Antonio, to a branch of a pizzeria in Naples, L’antica Pizzeria da Michele

• Like 2

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?