• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Indoor pizza ovens

lindag

Anyone here own one?

With Fall coming I'm tempted to buy one but there are a whole lot of options and prices.

The Breville and the Ooni appear to be the top-of-line models and are pretty pricey.

And then there are many other brands and designs.

55 minutes ago, lindag said:

Anyone here own one?

With Fall coming I'm tempted to buy one but there are a whole lot of options and prices.

The Breville and the Ooni appear to be the top-of-line models and are pretty pricey.

And then there are many other brands and designs.

Isn't the Ooni for outdoor use?

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

I am using an Ooni for outdoors, and for inside my regular oven plus my trusted pizza steel. A friend, however, uses this and while I was easy to dismiss it, it makes pretty good pizza. Lots of heat in very little space …

pizzamaker-delizia-rot-600x1073.jpg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Duvel said:

I am using an Ooni for outdoors, and for inside my regular oven plus my trusted pizza steel. A friend, however, uses this and while I was easy to dismiss it, it makes pretty good pizza. Lots of heat in very little space …

Breville has a similar one.  It sells on Williams-Sonoma (US site) for 179.99.

41 minutes ago, lindag said:

Ooni now makes an indoor model.

See it here.

Wow - very interesting.

I know some people who have and like the Breville very much; however, this is the model they use...https://www.breville.com/us/en/products/pizzaovens/bpz820.html?sku=BPZ820BSS1BUC1

Tasty Travails - My Blog

Purely out of curiosity after reading this, I checked to see what was available here in China in the way of indoor pizza ovens.

_20230823021903.thumb.jpg.35b2cb453bcdfd5ecae16aad024c8b41.jpg

400℃ is 752℉. $171 USD. They also have double and triple deck versions. Also, gas powered versions.

O1CN015Z8GrT2GepgTzgzPg___1863829041.jpg.917ccfbd7cc273c336822ffb0668911b.jpg

Edited by liuzhou (log)

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto

I mentioned elsewhere I got my chamber vacuum sealer from these people and have been pleased with it (a couple of months ago)

Well they also sell indoor (as well as outdoor) pizza ovens.

Single deck:

https://www.vevor.ca/commercial-pizza-oven-c_10580/vevor-commercial-countertop-pizza-oven-electric-pizza-oven-for-14-pizza-indoor-p_010650205204

Double deck:

https://www.vevor.ca/commercial-pizza-oven-c_10580/vevor-commercial-countertop-pizza-oven-electric-pizza-oven-for-14-pizza-indoor-p_010264200444

Temperature range to 350C (662F)

This is from their CDN site, they also have a US site: https://www.vevor.com/s/pizza-ovens

My chamber vacuum sealer was of Chinese manufacture - very poor instructions - rough manufacture (sharp edges) - appeared in packaging that seemed to have been shipped directly from China to their warehouse then just had my address put on it - that said I am totally satisfied with it considering the price differential between it and a Vacmaster machine - I did extensive research (reviews and videos) beforehand so I was forewarned about its shortcomings and quirks.

Two video reviews:

Short "fanboy" take - 

More in depth and critical: 

Whether their pizza ovens are any good is up to your own findings

@liuzhou - the ovens you referenced look to be better built but, my experience with Vevor is not a reflection on Chinese manufacturing in general - my vacuum sealer appeared to be manufactured for export at a certain price point

p

• Like 1

And I thought you were contemplating the GE Trattoria oven.  If I had a huge budget and a big house I'd have one of those for sure!

I have an outdoor Ooni and just move it by the sliding door to outside in the winter time.  One step out the door to launch and it works rather well.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2023 at 10:41 PM, Duvel said:

I like this one.

Edit: Bought it and I am loving it ❤️

Edited by ColinDunklin (log)
  • Like 1

On 8/22/2023 at 11:40 AM, weinoo said:

Wow - very interesting.

I know some people who have and like the Breville very much; however, this is the model they use...https://www.breville.com/us/en/products/pizzaovens/bpz820.html?sku=BPZ820BSS1BUC1

That's the one I chose. 

Can't tell you how great it is!.  I now have restaurant quality pizza at home.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, lindag said:

That's the one I chose. 

Can't tell you how great it is!.  I now have restaurant quality pizza at home.

Oh, cool.  I wish I had the space for it, cause that would be the one I would go for.

Tasty Travails - My Blog

I'm ultimately going to place it on a steel rolling cart 24x18" so it doesn't take so much counter real estate.  Right now, it's resting on my induction range top.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2023 at 12:40 PM, weinoo said:

Wow - very interesting.

I do not need this

I do not need this

I do not need this

• Haha 7