• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dinner! 2012

rarerollingobject

Smoked duck salad

P1160002.jpg

Duck after 5 hours in the smoker at ~100C. Seasoned only with salt and pepper. Cavity stuffed with garlic and rosemary,

P1160003.jpg

Skin crisped up in 200C oven for 20 minutes.

P1160004.jpg

Chopped and mixed into salad.

Chris Taylor

Host, eG Forums - ctaylor@egstaff.org

I've never met an animal I didn't enjoy with salt and pepper.

Melbourne
Harare, Victoria Falls and some places in between

And here's what it's looking like right now - 3 more hours to go. Already tasting just about perfect - the flavors can mellow just a bit, but it's got wonderful sweet smoky depth, with just enough rasp.

chili_day_two.jpg

[edit: whoops! wrong thread. this was supposed to go in the chili cook-off. oh well, it WILL be what's for dinner, so I'll just leave it here.]

Edited by patrickamory (log)

Moved into the new loft. Didnt have much to cook with but steak and arugula salad happened.

6705476231_6fc20a2f81_z.jpg

Love the picture ScottyBoy. Think I'll take a picture...cook cook...that looks good...eat eat...damn, forgot the picture...oh well at least there's some green there as a garnish... :wink:

Nick Reynolds, aka "nickrey"

"The Internet is full of false information." Plato
My eG Foodblog

Dinner: Poblano chile-braised chicken with potatoes and Swiss chard, served with fried onions and arroz blanco (yes, there is chicken hiding under the other stuff).

p962118714-4.jpg

Dessert: Mrs. C picked up insanely good chocolates. Mine were cayenne (left) and stout (right).

p833042465-3.jpg

rarerollingobject; everytime I look at your dishes I would go and copy yours. I made 5 lbs of mussels.

robirdstx, simple but elegant dishes.

Kayb, I will try to make okonomiyaki as soon as I can pronounce it.

SobaAddict70, beautiful plating!

mm84321, parade of artistic displays.

C. sapidus, great photos.

Franci, It seem to me that you enjoy cooking, and I enjoy the way you cook.

Scottyboy, only you can make leftover chewed over food look good.

ChrisTaylor, Sexed up Ma Po? That’s perverted. You know what Ma Po means? Freckled old lady! LoL!!!

Paul Bacino, I share you feet fetish.

patrickamory, nice looking thighs from "Bitches On A Budget"

------------ - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - -

A few things for dinner.

dcarch

Sous Vide Eye of Round

Sveyeround2.jpg

Sveyeround3.jpg

Sous Vide Orange Chicken

ORngechicken.jpg

ORngechicken2.jpg

Pizza using popover dough. I did not shape the dough in a dish. It came out that way by itself

popoverpizza.jpg

popoverpizza2.jpg

popoverpizza3.jpg

popoverpizza4.jpg

Sous Vide Beef Ribs with Daikon

ribdaikon.jpg

ribdaikon2.jpg

Edited by dcarch (log)

Scotty Boy – blue cheese mac and cheese, I’m not surprised at your roommate’s behavior

dcarch – wow, beautiful as always (and thank you)

Ancho chile burgers, made with ground chuck, ground pork, chopped scallions, and yesterday’s chile paste (toasted and rehydrated anchos, chicken broth, roasted garlic, oregano, cumin, cloves, and black pepper). The pork and chile paste kept the burgers moist and juicy, but my hands were impressively red after slapping out the patties. :laugh:

On the grill . . .

p627987924-4.jpg

. . . and on the plate

p541916000-4.jpg