• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG Foodblog: torakris - a week of fun in Japan

torakris

is it possible that 'white strawberry' is what the Japanese advertising companies decided to call cream soda? does it taste like cream soda?

and when you come to think of it, what the hey is 'cream soda'?!  :laugh:

It definitely had a strawberry flavor, but you know it could of had a kind of cream soda taste as well... I will have to get it again to figure out. :biggrin:

Kristin Wagner, aka "torakris"

I still need to clean the floor from where he painted it with a whole bottle of nail polish. :angry:  :angry:

I have used the eraser on wallpaper, but nail polish...OUCH! Don't know about that. :hmmm:

Dejah

www.hillmanweb.com

Nail polish remover?

Yeah, I used that the last time he did it.... and it pretty much pulled all the wax off the floor as well though it did start to look normal again after a couple months ....

I am thinking of giving up until he gets into college... :blink:

Wonderful blog, Kristin. Thank you for the time you take for all of us.

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Can't we make Kris the permanent "Blogrina"?

I for one have enjoyed her week immensely.  I will miss her daily chronicles of life that she shared with us.   :sad:

Hear-hear!

Permablogger, Perennial blogger...I'm in favor. We need a blog-only area for those, like torakris's, that should keep going and going and going. :smile:

Edited by JennyUptown (log)

Remember, everyone, we always have the "Daily Nihongo" thread. Kristin is a busy woman; let's be thankful for the time she's able to devote to the site and give her a break. :biggrin::laugh:

Michael aka "Pan"

Can't we make Kris the permanent "Blogrina"?

I for one have enjoyed her week immensely.  I will miss her daily chronicles of life that she shared with us.  :sad:

No. But we CAN pester her mercilessly to do another every time we press the "reset" button on allowing repeats. :biggrin:

Jon Lurie, aka "jhlurie"

Thanks, Kristin. Glad I'm not the only mom that thinks that every child should know how to operate a sewing machine (as well as sew on a button) as well as cook! Yes, do try the Mr. Clean eraser on the wall. Works on everything (took sharpee marker off wallpaper and woodwork, but didn't take off the finish off the latter!). The nailpolish on the floor in our old house was handily removed with polish remover, but that was a linoleum floor.

From one mom of three to another, thanks for the glimpses into your life. I know how busy you are.

Susan Fahning aka "snowangel"

Hello, Kristin. I haven't previously commented on your blog, but it certainly wasn't due to lack of interest. More like slack jawed awe. Thanks for the commentary, the photographs (of food & family), the information, and the fun. It was all very enjoyable.

Dear Food: I hate myself for loving you.

wow! thanks for all the comments, permanent blogger? no thanks! :biggrin: this takes a lot of time, see I type with only 2 fingers....

maybe I will come back again in another 6 months or so, I really enjoy this.

Feel free to come on over to the Japan forum and visit me there!! :biggrin:

By the way I had a really nice lunch today. Hide was off today and didn't want to come home from his friend's house (upstairs) to eat lunch, so the mother invited us as well as another neighbor and her kids to eat there. It turned into an impromptu potluck, I brought the leftover pasta and celery sticks with the cream cheese from yesterday. There was also ramen, onigiri (rice balls), Korean style nori, hard boiled eggs, dried baby sardines and some snacks for afterwards with coffee.

I can't believe it's already been a week :shock: ! Time flies...

I have to say, i really enjoyed this blog very much Kristin :biggrin: ... it's the first blog that i was able to get involve in asking questions... you have been very patient and it made it easier for me to understand and learn. It has inspired me to get my hands dirty and do some actual cooking! I am really looking forward to your next blog!

Till then, im sure you'll be seeing me around the Japan Forum :raz:

P.S. I type with 2 fingers too... sometimes 1 (when im snacking with one hand and typing with the next :laugh: )