• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Your Daily Sweets: What Are You Making and Baking? (2017 – )

pjm333

Had a party this weekend. Made a Devil's Food Cake with Raspberry Buttercream20240622_134449.thumb.jpg.98c1359fa727c45f203e9e68e80c16c3.jpg

Also a tiramisu (forgot to photo that one).

The frosting job on the cake leaves a lot to be desired (but is probably the best job I've done to date, which says something about my frosting skills....)

• Like 11

16 hours ago, Ann_T said:

I had a craving for Sticky Toffee Pudding

These look so good. I did look for the recipe on your website and can't find it. Is this a recipe that you have posted? I did find a picture of Sticky Toffee Muffins but no recipe. They also look wonderful.

47 minutes ago, Tropicalsenior said:

These look so good. I did look for the recipe on your website and can't find it. Is this a recipe that you have posted? I did find a picture of Sticky Toffee Muffins but no recipe. They also look wonderful.

@Tropicalsenior, you can find it here...https://thibeaultstable.com/2009/06/09/sticky-toffee-dessert/

5 minutes ago, Ann_T said:

Thank you Ann.

For those of you that have never visited her site, I highly recommend it. It is one of the most beautiful, informative sites on the web. I was one of her biggest fans long before I ever joined eGullet. I've spent many happy hours there.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

Can I bookmark your recipe collections?

@Elsie, I have a link to a download for the recipe collection I put together a number of years ago.  

One of these days I will try and get around to updating and adding some recipes that are missing.

I should probably update the photos too. Most were taken with my first Sony camera that used floppy disks.   

Download for Recipe Collection.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Tropicalsenior said:

This is what I have bookmarked.

@Tropicalsenior, That blog is my original and when Goggle stopped supporting Blogger, I had to transfer everything over to

Wordpress.    See the above link for the Recipe Collection.

You can also find a number of the recipes on Thibeault's Table - Recipes Google Sites

Edited by Ann_T (log)
  • Thanks 1

Gorgeous little tarts @OlyveOyl and beautiful Victoria sponge @Amy D.

I made some cinnamon rolls using the ‘new’ method (newish to me that is) of pouring some cream over them before they go in the oven. Very soft and fluffy on the inside. The outside was a little crispy mainly because I forgot to cover them with oiled plastic while they were rising and I thought this accidentally worked out quite well. The recipe called for coffee icing but husband said that would make them too sweet for his liking. I may ice a couple for myself. 

ECA70392-72F3-43D8-A427-3A0E4799801A.jpeg.cb622afef985a70b04c7a8935d207f2a.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Delicious 4

@OlyveOyl - as always, your desserts are perfection.  A question that I've often wondered about: when eating with currants that are still partially on the stem, do you pick them off before eating/put them your mouth and maneuver the currants off the stem and then discretely spit the stem out (like that bar trick girls used to do in the 1970s 😉)/EAT the stem?  Or is it dealt with some other way I haven't thought of.  

Well, here I am among the Dessert Gods/Goddesses with my silly little offerings 😄.   I mean - y'all!!!!  You are just doing incredible things.  And I'm offering two variations on a icebox dessert made with Jello Pudding, Cool Whip, and graham crackers.  This one was for Father's Day:

IMG_7863.JPG.558b3310e92427092404dd7c3155888f.JPG

IMG_7911.JPG.45036abd213bc58bb01790f9283fc059.JPG

made with cheesecake flavored pudding, chocolate graham crackers and fruit.

This one was for a dinner last night:

IMG_8078.jpg.827a6d93c46f7289fb481d429f92759f.jpg

IMG_8079.jpg.681d231a459f8b4924a6aed34695ab6a.jpg

lemon pudding, regular graham crackers, and blackberries.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Delicious 2

Glad to see I'm not the only one making the most of strawberry season at the moment. I had a handful of stragglers languishing in the bottom of the bowl so, after raiding the freezer for a slice of cake and a scoop of tonka ice cream, the party continues...

Strawbs.thumb.png.ce9b32836a92ac661799d3b3f6ef9ffb.png

• Like 9
  • Delicious 1

On 6/30/2024 at 10:36 AM, rotuts said:

@Kim Shook

Id make those desserts 

Ive forgotten how jello pudding are mixed up 

'so you add cool whip to the made up fellow pudding , mix

and then use that mixture for your layering ?

Thank you!  This used instant pudding - so it thickens in just a few minutes of whisking with milk.  I think you usually refrigerate it for a time to firm it up.  The creamy layers here is made up of cream cheese, Cool Whip, milk, and pudding mix.  

Edited by Kim Shook (log)
  • Like 2