• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

University of California food blog

heidih

I received this link to the University of California food blog site and found it encouraging to see action regarding food waste rather than just lamenting. Is appears to be a compilation of current food news focusing on access and resource use.

http://ucanr.edu/blogs/blogcore/postdetail.cfm?postnum=15142

Edited by heidih (log)
  • Like 1

I received this link to the University of California food blog site and found it encouraging to see action regarding food waste rather than just lamenting. Is appears to be a compilation of current food news focusing on access and resource use.

http://ucanr.edu/blogs/blogcore/postdetail.cfm?postnum=15142

Thanks for posting the link.  I didn't know about this site.  It seems to contain info about which I'm interested.

... Shel

So I forwarded your link to a friend. I got this back from her:

"A good food news resource!  Thanks!

Too funny...
You sent me this email, and so I walked over to our social media person (Sxxxxxxx) to tell her about it, and she gave me a surprised look.  She said, "Just a minute ago I signed up for their mailing list!" 

What a coincidence!"

dcarch

I got it from the Master Garden Volunteer Training Program Coordinator at the University of California Cooperative Extension, Los Angeles County. Will be following it. 

This blog has an interesting set of links, with a broad range of viewpoints. Thank you for posting about it!

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown