• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Air Fryers

Keith_W

BB%B :

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/philips-viva-collection-airfryer-trade-in-black/3283078?Keyword=air+fryer

1.8 lb capacity  $ 199  =  $ 160 + Tx

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/philips-viva-avance-digital-airfryer-trade/3268889?Keyword=air+fryer

2.6 lb capacity  $ 350 = $  $ 280 + Tx

there are of course grilling racks that fit each one.

sadly  no Tax Holiday this year in MA.  which usually comes around just about now

Edited by rotuts (log)

1 hour ago, rotuts said:

nope.  could not even find it at the ca.com

odd.

has anyone found the AirFryer at Costco USA ?

1 hour ago, Anna N said:

@rotuts

Believe that is my model.  Cannot help you with the size differential. You might want to try Costco.ca website.

It was there but I see it no longer is although the accessories are still showing up at the very bottom of the page where it was when I checked a day or so ago!  

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

15 minutes ago, gfweb said:

It appears that this infection is running its course without claiming too many victims.

On the other hand you can reassure yourself that I am not part of the marketing team. It is amazing to read all the reviews that elevate it to such a level. When I read them I always ask myself: "What the hell were they eating before they got it?"  

• Like 5

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

My 2004 eG Blog

went back to BB$B the other day

for actually buy a Grande Oxo salad spinner  

[ posted else where  re Mister Cat ]

thought Id take a Pic of the analog and digital PAF side by side

which Id looked at a while ago, based on this thread.

as you can recall the Grade was on deep sale.

anyway

all gone, no boxes Nada

didn't realize there were at least 4 (  based 0n the boxes and the display  )

Lurkers here   in my own neiboohood.

O.o

Edited by rotuts (log)
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Anna N said:

Hmmm. Your air fryer must be very different from the Phillips model. Is it the Nuwave?

7 hours ago, palo said:

@ Mmmpomps

I see a flat circular rack in the background, could you have put it on top of the tall rack to make sort of a cross-hatch and prevent your mushrooms from falling through?

p

HOLD ON A SECOND.........I'm OFF TOPIC!!!! I don't have an air fryer! I have an oil-less fryer!~ I will pick up my hamburger and french fries and stuffed mushrooms and go to the right play board ;) 
This is the Big Boss Oil-less fryer! I'll check out some you tube video's and see what the difference is :)

p Thanks I will do that with the other tray...genius!

Mmmpomps

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mmmpomps said:

HOLD ON A SECOND.........I'm OFF TOPIC!!!! I don't have an air fryer! I have an oil-less fryer!~ I will pick up my hamburger and french fries and stuffed mushrooms and go to the right play board ;) 
This is the Big Boss Oil-less fryer! I'll check out some you tube video's and see what the difference is :)

p Thanks I will do that with the other tray...genius!

Mmmpomps

Appliances are becoming very confusing.   I am not sure that yours is really different  except for its form.  I suspect it works on exactly the same concept as the Phillips. And I'm not sure how either of these really differs from the previous iteration which was called an infrared oven or something similar.  All of them seem to be compact versions of convection ovens.   I'm happy to be corrected but have no wish to begin an argument.   Up north we also have something which I believe was described as a oilless turkey fryer meant for use outdoors and which runs on propane.   Methinks the words "oiless" and "fryer" are buzz marketing words to be interpreted any way you wish.   

• Like 3

My 2004 eG Blog

8 minutes ago, Anna N said:

Appliances are becoming very confusing.   I am not sure that yours is really different  except for its form.  I suspect it works on exactly the same concept as the Phillips. And I'm not sure how either of these really differs from the previous iteration which was called an infrared oven or something similar.  All of them seem to be compact versions of convection ovens.   I'm happy to be corrected but have no wish to begin an argument.   Up north we also have something which I believe was described as a oilless turkey fryer meant for use outdoors and which runs on propane.   Methinks the words "oiless" and "fryer" are buzz marketing words to be interpreted any way you wish.   

I think you are correct . I got confused with the product that spins the food around as being an "air fryer". This is a convection and infrared heat source. And you are on the mark about the buzz words...Well now I feel fine leaving my Big Boss experiments here ;) This guy has the capability with the expansion ring to a cook a 16 lb turkey. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
3 hours ago, Paul Fink said:

Those things work?!!

Man I want one but alas no space in my kitchen.

It would be nice have fries with BBQ this summer with out all the work.

When we have warm-weather family BBQ's, my sister-in-law got the brilliant idea to fry french fries using a plug-in table-top deep fryer out on a table on the patio while my brothers did their BBQ thing. 

The nice thing about frying outdoors is that the smell of  old grease doesn't linger in the kitchen/house, cleanup is easy and it doesn't heat up the house.

Winner winner, chicken dinner! xD

• Like 4

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

• 4 months later...
On 2016-09-16 at 6:49 PM, Okanagancook said:

Mmmmmpops

great work.

you are fearless.

i don not have said appliance and will not be buying one.  Oh, my I have heard this before.

i should stop looking at this thread.:$

Dang it>:(

couldn't resist the sale on the Bestek air fryers on Amazon.ca.

25 minutes ago, Okanagancook said:

Dang it>:(

couldn't resist the sale on the Bestek air fryers on Amazon.ca.

Mine has moved on to a better home where it is much appreciated.  My bachelor son is loving it. 

• Like 2

My 2004 eG Blog

• 1 month later...

We saw the Philips air fryer back when it was brand new at WS - didn't really need more gadgets at home.

Now I've read through 9 pages of this thread - the idea of improved tots is pretty cool, but we don't do that that often...

Does this actually replace pan frying fish with a coating?  And my wife wants to know - can you make donuts in one of these? 

• Like 1

Just saw a commercial for this Cuisinart Convection Toaster Oven Air Fryer .  Anyone have one of these?  Is it being discussed some where around here?

I could never ever give up my beloved CSO........   I could give my Breville to Ronnie to use in the garage........  

Someone, quick, tell me I don't need this.

7 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

@Shelby  I started a thread on this but it did not get much traction.  However, my BSO died and I bought the Breville Air.  So far, I'm very happy with it.

Ok, I'll look for your thread.  Thanks :) 

10 hours ago, ElsieD said:

@Shelby  I started a thread on this but it did not get much traction.  However, my BSO died and I bought the Breville Air.  So far, I'm very happy with it.

I just got one too, but I have been away so I literally haven’t used it yet. If it works as well, I’ll be looking to sell my BSO and Philips Air Fryer.

• Like 1

Mark

My eG Food Blog

www.markiscooking.com

My NEW Ribs site: BlasphemyRibs.com

My NEWER laser stuff site: Lightmade Designs