• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG Foodblogs: Coming Attractions

heidih

Tisanes, fish, bread and volcanoes. What more could anyone ask for? Really looking forward to a week in Ecuador. A vacation from my desk chair... :smile:

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

On first glance it looked like the downstairs at the Greenhouse Tavern in Cleveland - but on closer examination - it's not!

But doesn't the farmer's market shot look like one of the markets in Cleveland? The one where Diane sells her delicious pies and jams?

On first glance it looked like the downstairs at the Greenhouse Tavern in Cleveland - but on closer examination - it's not!

But doesn't the farmer's market shot look like one of the markets in Cleveland? The one where Diane sells her delicious pies and jams?

I didn't go to that market!

That would mean we are looking at Nancy or Edsel or Tom? - or Diane!

Edited by Kerry Beal (log)

Wouldn't the leaves be turning in Ohio? It's snowed there already this year. The people in the crowd are dressed for fall, so either this picture was taken a few weeks ago or we need to think it is further West. The buildings in the background are fairly new style. California again? Maybe the Central or San Joaquin Valley?

On the other hand, the photo doesn't have to be current exactly. I noticed fresh tulips on the kitchen counter and they are certainly not the flower of the fall. ...I suppose they could be roses...

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

On the other hand, the photo doesn't have to be current exactly. I noticed fresh tulips on the kitchen counter and they are certainly not the flower of the fall. ...I suppose they could be roses...

As a gardener, I can assure you - roses.

As a gardener, I can assure you - roses.

November in Moab, UT, would have green leaves and open markets and roses still. No, I know it 's not Moab.

(Do you grow tulips in CA?)

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

I don't see a front license plate on the truck, so it's a state that doesn't require them: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, and West Virginia or potentially nevada. Narrows it down, haha :wink:

For no good reason at all I'm going to guess jsmeeker - he loves his mcrib and that looks kind of like a home made version. The farmer's market could be the Dallas market (hard to tell from the angle though).

Kerry - nope not Jeff

So if I told you that the previous meat was the member's first attempt at char sui and that the 4 legged member of the family stole it before they got any, and I gave you this additional example of a meal:

last one.jpg

mgaretz used to own Hoptown brewery and likes belgian beef stew (which that last picture might be).

Yup - and that is his plate in the last picture!

And the restaurant is the The Napa Rose in the Grand Californian in Disney - where he spent part of his honeymoon.

Edited by Kerry Beal (log)