• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG Foodblogs: Coming Attractions

heidih

That looks like a crocus poking through; my guess is that it is somewhere on the southern part of the Atlantic seaboard? Is Yoplait yogurt available nationally or just the Northeast? I've only just started seeing Yoplait Greek style yogurt in the Boston area in the last few weeks/months.

Fage is distributed from New York or manufactured under license there?

Suspect it is a sign of spring rather than a source of saffron - would like to see fields of same to be convinced otherwise.

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Here's a picture of one. I'm not very botanically-minded. Maybe it's just my main association with crocuses is saffron! :laugh:http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3093/3351516835_5560e6e786.jpg

Edited by Hassouni (log)

We export loads and loads of wine from the big companies like Yalumba. I think this person is American. I mean, Google that 'Fage' yoghurt ...

Definitely not Canadian (which the crocus would hint at West coast this time of year) because there isn't any French on the yogurt containers.

We export loads and loads of wine from the big companies like Yalumba. I think this person is American. I mean, Google that 'Fage' yoghurt ...

Definitely not Canadian (which the crocus would hint at West coast this time of year) because there isn't any French on the yogurt containers.

Good one, Dr. Beal. :smile:

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

If it is a saffron crocus, they do not flower until autumn.

I have six and they usually bloom here in late October. In Santa Barbara they bloom about a month earlier.

The leaves in the photo look a little wider than on my plants.

Edited by andiesenji (log)

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

Ok, who has a copy of Modernist Cuisine, lives somewhere in the East (south of Boston, because of the blooming crocus), has a wok, and eats Greek yogurt? All I can come up with is LindaK but she's here in the Boston area. Maybe she has a warm spot in her yard for the crocus....