• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

• product-image-quickten.png.a40203b506711f7664fc62024e54a584.pngDid you know that these all-volunteer forums are operated by the 501(c)3 not-for-profit Society for Culinary Arts & Letters? This holiday season, consider a tax-deductible Quick Ten Bucks to support the eG Forums and help us remain completely advertising-free. Thanks to all those who have donated so far!

heidih

eG Foodblogs: Coming Attractions

581 posts in this topic

But what kind of fish is it?

Looking forward to the blog! Your food is always SO creative and veg heavy!

Great news - i was gutted your week got cut short, i drove my parents mad with my insistence to cook your ricotta gnochhi one night (they both reckon tehy don't like gnocchi - safe to say they are now converted!)

"Experience is something you gain just after you needed it" ....A Wise man

Oh sure - you'll be cooking away and we'll be waiting for the server to come back on line! Sheesh. Oh well, anticipation is half the fun they tell me. :rolleyes:

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Never call a stomach a tummy without good reason.” William Strunk Jr., The Elements of Style

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Welcome back, Soba! Can't wait to see what you're going to inspire the rest of us to make this week! :laugh:

If you ate pasta and antipasto, would you still be hungry? ~Author Unknown

Pix explanations (from top to bottom)

Gyoza, at Minca

some duck dish at Sripraphai

random shot at Casa Mono

frying hushpuppies at one of the Big Apple BBQ Block Parties -- one of the more dangerous shots I've done because I was very close to bubbling oil

Greenhouse interior at Blue Hill Stone Barns

Pic of Momofuku Ko

Kitchen shot at BHSB

Cod, watermelon, pea shoots -- at Tailor. Taken the first month it opened

Pic of a building overlooking Astor Place and the Bowery

Goat cheese, polenta, black truffle -- at Knife + Fork

Spanish mackerel escabeche, chickweed salad (1 T. extra-virgin olive oil, 1 T. lemon juice, salt, pepper), black olive and scallion relish. Heidi said it was a give-away pic because that fits the "style", I guess, of pix that I shoot in my kitchen ... and if you look closely, my stove is in the background.

Thread will be up later.

Edited by SobaAddict70 (log)

I heard a rumor that we may actually get an early start.....keep checking :smile:

Launching SobaAddict70:

If you missed the start of it, make sure you check out and catch up with this week's foodblogger, SobaAddict70 from NYC.

And here's your first clue for the blog starting this Saturday September 3rd:

Mezcal (1).JPG

EatNopales? Now that would be a blog indeed!

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

Cheers & Chocolates

If it's Dakki, Chivas Regal would be more like it.

QUIET!  People are trying to pontificate.

Here is another sample of our next blogger's food:

Ayomole.JPG

Acorn squash with walnuts? At work? Is that a Bic 7mm HB mechanical pencil?

Peter Gamble aka "Peter the eater"

I just made a cornish game hen with chestnut stuffing. . .

Would you believe a pigeon stuffed with spam? . . .

Would you believe a rat filled with cough drops?

Moe Sizlack

Just because I am the kid who tried to find the hidden Christmas presents I have to spill one more:

Running at Uxmal.JPG

I am pleased to announce EatNopales as our next eGullet Food Blogger starting this Saturday September 3rd. There is a possibility of an early start tomorrow, so stay tuned.

Hooray for EatNopales!!! And good for me to guess it on the first photo!

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

Cheers & Chocolates

Hooray for EatNopales!!! And good for me to guess it on the first photo!

Yeah no kidding!

As to the pics... the Acorn Squash was actually stuffed with Mushrooms, Chorizo & Pipian Rojo (Red Pumpkin Seed Mole) and it was one style of a group of dishes called Ayomole *

The last picture was in Uxmal... I thought I was running in the ball court... a few minutes later I realized it was just a palatial courtyard of the building now dubbed the Nunnery (there is no real rhyme or reason to this name).... the ball court turned out to be quite small & in bad shape.

Ayomole.. is the Nahua word for Pumpkin / Squash Mole common throughout the present day indigenous towns & villages of what was Mesoamerica... i.e., Guerrero, Oaxaca etc.,

The name is really loose.. sometimes it refers to a Baked Squash / Pumpkin filled with Pipian, or cubes of Squash / Pumpkin floating in the sauce, or "tortillas" made of Pumpkin / Squash flesh with Masa or Plantain flesh, sometimes it refers to a Mole that is thickend with Squash / Pumpkin flesh and chiles.

What a spectacular place to run. I had a feeling that place was Mayan, and shortly thereafter, another feeling that this must be a place of fascinating food.

Peter Gamble aka "Peter the eater"

I just made a cornish game hen with chestnut stuffing. . .

Would you believe a pigeon stuffed with spam? . . .

Would you believe a rat filled with cough drops?

Moe Sizlack

Really looking forward to this, especially if we learn about different mole (whatever the plural is).

It's almost never bad to feed someone.

So excited to follow along with this one! Bring on the food! Mexico is one of those places that I'd like to go and just spend a month eating...

If you ate pasta and antipasto, would you still be hungry? ~Author Unknown

Here is our next blogger EatNopales!

Hope you are all following along with EatNopales in our current eGullet food blog.

Here is the first shot from our next blogger who is scheduled to start this Sunday September 11th:

pie.JPG

Hope you are all following along with EatNopales in our current eGullet food blog.

Here is the first shot from our next blogger who is scheduled to start this Sunday September 11th:

pie.JPG

Oooh is that a pork larded pie crust?