• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

A Tasting Party,

stefanyb

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, We're organized now.

I'll post the revised list of participants tonight. Right now our organizing principle is:

eGullet Indoor Tasting Picnic!

Most of the items people wanted to bring fit the bill anyway.

Thats Sunday November 10th 5:pm somewhere in Manhattan.

Maximum # of participants 20

Some items only need 2-3 tasting choices, others more like 4 or more, use your own judgement.

Wilfrid, no one MUST try everything unless they're me, of course.

a sampling of macarons would be interesting -- including Pierre Herme-Wegmans, Payard, Fauchon NY, etc.  :wink:

I expect to make the event. I'll adhere to my original proposal of a sampling of macarons. I plan to buy some from each vendor of a commonly available flavor (e.g., chocolate), and then some of the unusual flavors of each vendor (e.g., blueberry available at Payard a while ago).

Are members aware of other interesting vendors of macarons that are not too far away? :blink:

Something Sweet, a bakery on the southwest corner of Second Avenue and 11th Street has a variety of macaroons, but they are good only if fresh -- and you never know. The same bakery makes a fabulous cookie called a truffle button: ganache on top of half a macaroon, coated with dark chocolate.

Here's the participant list as I see it. I have included everyone who has requested participation and in the order of request. Its 4 over the limit so ANYONE who knows that they CANNOT make it PLEASE SPEAK UP:

1.Stefanyb

2.Sandra Levine

3.Nina

4.Nina's Beau

5.Rachel

6.Jason

7.Jaybee

8.Markstevens

9.Rosie

10.Mr. Rosie

11.Cabrales

12.Soba Addict

13.Wilfrid

14.CathyL

15.Helena Sarin

16.ahr

17.DoubleO

18.Liza

19.Toby

20.Jayask

21.Jayask Pal

22.Jordyn

23.Shermar

24.Shermar Beau

Next compilation will be the list of foods. Think picnic and bring your item ready to serve.

:biggrin::biggrin:

Here's the participant list as I see it.  I have included everyone who has requested participation and in the order of request.  Its 4 over the limit so ANYONE who knows that they CANNOT make it PLEASE SPEAK UP:

1.Stefanyb

2.Sandra Levine

3.Nina

4.Nina's Beau

5.Rachel

6.Jason

7.Jaybee

8.Markstevens

9.Rosie

10.Mr. Rosie

11.Cabrales

12.Soba Addict

13.Wilfrid

14.CathyL

15.Helena Sarin

16.ahr

17.DoubleO

18.Liza

19.Toby

20.Jayask

21.Jayask Beau

22.Jordyn

23.Shermar

24.Shermar Beau

Next compilation will be the list of foods.  Think picnic and bring your item ready to serve.

:biggrin:  :biggrin:

One more time

Okay, here's the official announcement: I'm pleased to be hosting this get-together, and my reasonably well-equipped kitchen is available as needed - limited by space, of course. We can figure all that out as we coordinate who's bringing what. Please let me know if you want to cook something so we can make sure the in-house batterie de cuisine is up to it.

How should we do beverages? I'll volunteer a few different bottles of NZ Sauvignon Blanc.

Rachel suggested that we might bring a selection of salamis from arthur ave.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

Not exclusively for your consumption, Tommy.

But..... he's not on the list..... unless he's somebody's Beau.

-- Jeff

"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members." -- Groucho Marx