• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

A Tasting Party,

stefanyb

no indian steak curry.  indians.

what are you saying tommy? are you implying I will not be allowed?

Tommy is being inscrutable. Suvir, you are most welcome, especially if you come bearing curry-scented desserts. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

If that is the case, all I will do is bring a large can of Curry Powder.. and sprinkle it on everything. It will make all that you taste cutting edge and special. :wink:

My son is coming out that weekend to look at colleges, so it looks at this point I'll not be able to make it. There is a chance schedules could change, they already have a couple times.

November is not being good to me as far as eGullet events... :unsure:

=Mark

Give a man a fish, he eats for a Day.

Teach a man to fish, he eats for Life.

Teach a man to sell fish, he eats Steak

I don't think we really need bread or crackers for the cheddars, anyway. I don't really recommend crackers, as such, with cheese, and I doubt if we need to line our stomachs with bread. I plan on arriving with the cheeses freshly cut into tasting portions and a bunch of toothpicks.

1.stefanyb- Polish hams, baguettes

2.Sandra Levine- Dijon Mustards

3.Nina W.- Salamis

4.Nina's Beau- paper goods

5.Rachel- Italian cheeses (should be more specific)

6.Jason-

7.Jaybee- Butters

8.Cabrales- Macarons

9.Soba- Olives, other special goodies

10.Wilfrid- Cheddars

11.CathyL- Smoked salmons, apples

12.Helena Sarin- Macarons

13.ahr- Peanut butters

14.DoubleO- Chocolates

15.Liza- Roasted squashes

16.Toby- Tarte tatins

17.Jordyn-

18.Shermar-Steamed greens

19.Shermar's Beau-

20.Suvir-

This seems like the revised list. Please post any errors or additions.

Rosie, Mark- we're very sorry not to have you; hope to see you soon

Along with other stuff, I'm bringing about 10 total baguettes with a variety of about 3-5 for comparison. Aside from a comparison of breads they can be used for the salamis, hams and cheeses, where applicable.

and butters....

Any help needed, or something specific we should have that we don't?

We will definitely need your amazing organizational skills once we're all assembled. I know I'll be overwhelmed by it all. Cathy, on the other hand will probably be cool as a cuke. :biggrin:

Any suggestions you have now will be great.

Am I still coming early to help you prep?

That would be appreciated.

In addition to bringing all this wonderful stuff, I'll have my handy cutting board and wannabe chef's knife. (Ever since a horrible experience with a friend's set of kitchen knives which were NOT ergonomically aligned properly, I've insisted on bringing my own knives to other ppl's kitchens, no offense CathyL.)

SA

Am I still coming early to help you prep?

That would be appreciated.

In addition to bringing all this wonderful stuff, I'll have my handy cutting board and wannabe chef's knife. (Ever since a horrible experience with a friend's set of kitchen knives which were NOT ergonomically aligned properly, I've insisted on bringing my own knives to other ppl's kitchens, no offense CathyL.)

SA

No problem, SA...knives are very personal.

But what's wrong with my cutting boards? :angry::biggrin:

Let me know what time you plan to show up. And Shermar, if Soba would like your help feel free to arrive early, beau in tow, as well.

Sorry if it was dealt with earlier in the thread, but have we addressed the beverage question?  Is a hip flask indicated?

We decided everyone would bring whatever they feel like drinking. So yes on the hip flask, unless you like grappa or 10 yr. old Laphroiag.