• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

PLANNING: eGullet Chocolate and Confectionery Workshop 2024

Kerry Beal

Just pricing out cocoa butter from my supplier so I don't have the same issue I had last year!

Looks like if I get on it now - I can get the brand I wanted for last year for the equivalent of around $10 US a pound. 

So if folks can tell me how much they think they might want - I'll get that ordered and packaged up. 

• Like 1

I was hoping that was the brand. I bought some from you when I got my EZ Temper and it works better than the brand Ive been using. I have a lot to use up, but will buy 5 lbs. 

Will you be selling dipping forks? 

Thx Kerry!  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Valerie B said:

I was hoping that was the brand. I bought some from you when I got my EZ Temper and it works better than the brand Ive been using. I have a lot to use up, but will buy 5 lbs. 

Will you be selling dipping forks? 

Thx Kerry!  

For sure - I'll bring a few along. 

10 hours ago, Kerry Beal said:

Anyone after anything from Melangers.com - Bhavani can't come this year but will send whatever is needed. 

Kerry, do you mean he will send whatever is needed for us to use and check out during the workshop, or will he send whatever we want to purchase? (I've been considering buying something from them for a while now, but I should probably talk to all of you first about what you have, what you recommend for my business model, and whether I should consider a refiner or a panner first.)

3 hours ago, RanaMN said:

Kerry, do you mean he will send whatever is needed for us to use and check out during the workshop, or will he send whatever we want to purchase? (I've been considering buying something from them for a while now, but I should probably talk to all of you first about what you have, what you recommend for my business model, and whether I should consider a refiner or a panner first.)

He will send what people want to purchase - typically we use some of it during the workshop. 

Me

alleguede 

RobertM

Chocolot 

Sue PEI and sister Jane

Diana D

curls

Dallas

VistaGardens

Eat.Choui

Wendy Peterson

Britney 

Audrey Brown and Melanie

Valerie B

Willow and a promising R handed employee

Gwbyls +1

Anniebakes

RanaNM 

Madam Bonbon 

Me

alleguede 

RobertM

Chocolot 

Sue PEI and sister Jane

Diana D

curls

Dallas

VistaGardens

Eat.Choui

Wendy Peterson

Britney 

Audrey Brown and Melanie

Valerie B

Gwbyls +1

Anniebakes

RanaNM 

Madam Bonbon 

Delna

Posted (edited)

Me

alleguede 

RobertM

Chocolot 

Sue PEI and sister Jane

Diana D

curls

Dallas

VistaGardens

Eat.Choui

Wendy Peterson

Britney 

Audrey Brown and Melanie

Valerie B

Gwbyls +1

Anniebakes

RanaNM 

Madam Bonbon 

Delna

Matcha Wizard - aka Jenna

Edited by Kerry Beal (log)

Posted (edited)

@Alleguede and I have been talking today - in previous years we have done the show and tell on Friday and the communal dinner on the Saturday. Given the location (ie not downtown Toronto) we have decided that this year we will do both on the Friday night. We will get ourselves down to the new Gouter location - thinking make your own pizza, bunch of apps, maybe BBQ, sundae bar with in-house made ice cream - and the show and tell. 

Then Saturday we can sort our own dinners.

Probably a good time to find out who is vegan, vegetarian or gluten intolerant. 

Edited by Kerry Beal (log)
  • Delicious 1

Me

alleguede 

RobertM

Chocolot 

Sue PEI and sister Jane

Diana D

curls

Dallas

VistaGardens

Eat.Choui

Wendy Peterson

Britney 

Audrey Brown and Melanie

Valerie B

Gwbyls +1

Anniebakes

RanaNM 

Madam Bonbon 

Delna

Rob K 

7 hours ago, YetiChocolates said:

If anyone needs/wants any of these items for their tilting melanger from Diamond Custom let me know I’ll bring them along…IMG_6591.thumb.jpeg.a4e2fc676232065942f7fad3a3af9a85.jpeg

To late for everyone….I spoke up for them…..

Me

alleguede 

RobertM

Chocolot 

Sue PEI and sister Jane

Diana D

curls

Dallas

VistaGardens

Eat.Choui

Wendy Peterson

Britney 

Audrey Brown and Melanie

Valerie B

Gwbyls +1

Anniebakes

RanaNM 

Madam Bonbon 

Delna

Rob K 

JanM

Just now, Dr. Teeth said:

Are there still openings?

And uhh, is there a minimum skill/experience level?   I know nothing about chocolate.

Yes and no! We love newbies.

Send me a PM with all your vital statistics so I can add you to my data base (finally started working on that today)!

On 3/13/2024 at 12:30 PM, Kerry Beal said:

Just pricing out cocoa butter from my supplier so I don't have the same issue I had last year!

Looks like if I get on it now - I can get the brand I wanted for last year for the equivalent of around $10 US a pound. 

So if folks can tell me how much they think they might want - I'll get that ordered and packaged up. 

Kerry is this deodorized cocoa butter? I will take 3 pounds if it is. 

I would like learn how to make American-style black licorice candy or the ones like Trader Joes carry. Does anyone have experience with that?

Also, fresh fruit Pate de Fruit! 

Me

alleguede 

RobertM

Chocolot 

Sue PEI and sister Jane

Diana D

curls

Dallas

VistaGardens

Eat.Choui

Wendy Peterson