• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lunch 2024

liuzhou

On 10/12/2024 at 8:35 PM, Shel_B said:

I haven't had these in more than a decade. They were somewhat of a staple in our home when I was a kid. I didn't know they were still in business. They're not as tasty or texturally satisfying as I recall, and they weren't that great when I was 13 years old, either. But there they were, on an end display in the market this morning, and I just had to try 'em. I'm good for another decade ...

Entemans.jpg.c7e114f0eaec7d8740505c6cc3a50c2b.jpg

When I was a kid, the Entenmann's man came to our church (still does, just retired). There were always plenty of goodies to give out at the end of his route. The donuts weren't very nice, pretty plasticky, but my dad and me *loved* the danish twists and crumb coffee cakes. 

A quick glance at the website shows they are now owned by Bimbo, wonder how long that has been the case. But I also haven't seen one in ages, so distribution must be pretty small.

PastaMeshugana

"The roar of the greasepaint, the smell of the crowd."

"What's hunger got to do with anything?" - My Father

My first Novella: The Curse of Forgetting

a long time ago , Entenmann's made some fine products .

esp .  the coffee cake .  then I guess they were purchased 

and the quality became much more average .