• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Food Funnies

Keith_W

362317382_772530764619205_7832796034676955697_n.thumb.jpg.63163a9adc629e0939a75a88b8b59406.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

From the New Yorker

image.png.b41b559ffca62001fe67ba7956ea39b1.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

"There is no sincerer love than the love of food."  -George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman, Act 1

"Imagine all the food you have eaten in your life and consider that you are simply some of that food, rearranged."  -Max Tegmark, physicist

Gene Weingarten, writing in the Washington Post about online news stories and the accompanying readers' comments: "I basically like 'comments,' though they can seem a little jarring: spit-flecked rants that are appended to a product that at least tries for a measure of objectivity and dignity. It's as though when you order a sirloin steak, it comes with a side of maggots."

Read to children. Vote. And never buy anything from a man who's selling fear. -Mary Doria Russell, science-fiction writer

1 hour ago, liuzhou said:

via Facebook

358423944_751170523682007_1972499167055425112_n.thumb.jpg.ac235b5a43ca56d458830b06c5782efe.jpg

There's part of me that can identify with that. I don't do it, but I understand.

"There is no sincerer love than the love of food."  -George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman, Act 1

"Imagine all the food you have eaten in your life and consider that you are simply some of that food, rearranged."  -Max Tegmark, physicist

Gene Weingarten, writing in the Washington Post about online news stories and the accompanying readers' comments: "I basically like 'comments,' though they can seem a little jarring: spit-flecked rants that are appended to a product that at least tries for a measure of objectivity and dignity. It's as though when you order a sirloin steak, it comes with a side of maggots."

Read to children. Vote. And never buy anything from a man who's selling fear. -Mary Doria Russell, science-fiction writer

29 minutes ago, Tropicalsenior said:

In my pizza from last night,

20230729_053828.thumb.jpg.2245749ba6a1af001d96d6ecb45ee91a.jpg

I kept trying to cut between the lines. Didn't work.

You navigate the terrain with kitchen scissors

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On Saturday I was on my way to my aunt's birthday party in Nova Scotia, and stopped into a Sobeys (one of Canada's two main grocery chains) to pick up some potato chips as our contribution. As I walked in there was a couple standing in front of a big display of corn, packed in threes on styrofoam trays at $2.99 ea.

The man was boggling at this and grumped that "A buck an ear is highway robbery!"

"No," I told him, "It's...piracy."

His wife/girlfriend got it right away and laughed, but it took him a few beats. What can I say, Dad Jokes 'R' Us.

• Haha 4

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

364090029_880678543449423_8258726081839996762_n.jpg.cf73b14b616f69812b9e1c28cff45491.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 3