• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Sign in to follow this  
sahar

Help me learn to make cocktails

sahar   

hello 

can anyone help me please

i want to start makeing cocktails

what tools do i need and where to buy it?

how do i make cocktails?

Edited by Smithy Adjusted title (log)

I recommend that you buy "The Joy of Mixology" by Gary (aka Gaz) Regan. It has a great intro and also presents a methodology for organizing recipes into families to make them easier to understand and remember.

Also, "The Essential Bartender's Guide" by Robert Hess is a spiral bound (lay-flat) book with lots of simple recipes in an attractive format.

For shakers, I recommend that you call The Boston Shaker in Somerville MA. They can help set you up with good basic bar tools. I am still using the tools that they originally recommended for me, with one exception. I now use two metal "tins" to form a Boston Shaker as I find them easier to open that one metal tin and a pint glass. They also recommended these two books to me (which they also sell).

Edited by EvergreenDan (log)

quiet1   

The Koriko weighted shakers from Cocktail Kingdom aren't too expensive and are really nice.

• Like 3

Here you go. Personally I am a fan of the Koriko with the two metal tins.

Alex   

If you wanted to save some money, at least at first, you could start with this and a Mason jar.

• Like 1

If you need suggestions for cocktail books, I would recommend reading the following thread.

Anna N   

Well you could start right here

Click

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this